Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Can you address this, bearer of bad news davu?

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/...es-at-risk-ceo

And to repeat no one is saying “mass population” vaccine this fall, moreso high risk.
    Turns out it is public now...

“Moderna and Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine candidates require ultra-low temperatures, raising questions about storage, distribution”

Supply chain is gonna be turrible.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...ion-2020-08-27
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Turns out it is public now...

“Moderna and Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine candidates require ultra-low temperatures, raising questions about storage, distribution”

Supply chain is gonna be turrible.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...ion-2020-08-27
    Truthfully that will be a big wrench thrown into things.

Moderna needs -4 F. That’s doable.

Pfizer needs -94 F. That’s a problem.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufac...-question-cold

In a statement, Pfizer argued that its vaccine could be stored at refrigerated temps for up to 2 days, instead of the 24 hours cited by analysts. The drugmaker has also developed shipping containers using dry ice that it believes will solve some shipping worries.

"We are confident of our capability to deliver and store doses to the destination's governments designate, according to product shipping and storage requirements," a spokeswoman said.

Despite similar storage issues, Moderna is pursuing stability data showing its vaccine, mRNA-1273, can be stored at -4° Fahrenheit—which would be a big leg up over Pfizer's candidate. On a Wednesday call with investors, Moderna CTO Juan Andres said the -4° mark was a "very normal storage condition" comparable to home freezers.

When the dust clears I wouldn’t bet against Sanofi. They know what they are doing, albeit they are slower than others.

Just spoke with my person who is in pharma supply chain. The CDC’s notice to states is essentially contingency planning. Apparently state governments still play a role in approval and distribution of drugs even after they’re approved by the FDA. The edict put out by the CDC is basically “don’t be the state who isn’t ready for this vaccine when it’s ready for distribution.” Not that there will actually be distribution by Nov. 1.

COVID-19 can officially kiss my ass today.

Bill Shaikin
    @BillShaikin
    ·
    2h
    Tom Seaver passed Monday from "complications of Lewy body dementia and COVID-19," according to the Hall of Fame. Sparky Anderson once said: “My idea of managing is giving the ball to Tom Seaver and then sitting down and watching him work.” RIP
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    COVID-19 can officially kiss my ass today.
    I totally concur.

Yet for a year or so now we knew Seaver was (for lack of a better term) gravely ill. Why wasn’t he protected? Or was he? It would be an interesting case study.

8. Likes:

M2 (09-03-2020)

Here’s some more useful info on what yesterday’s news from the CDC really means:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/03/90910...n-distribution

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I totally concur.

Yet for a year or so now we knew Seaver was (for lack of a better term) gravely ill. Why wasn’t he protected? Or was he? It would be an interesting case study.
    For what it’s worth, a friend of mine‘s dad was at a rehab facility for a month because he fell and broke his hip. He is 85, could receive no visitors, everybody wore masks, etc. But the nurses are still human, and they go out and meet friends, go out to eat, and live a normal life outside of work. It’s inevitable that a few people will become infected even if precautions are met and care facilities aren’t set up for wholesale slaughter like they were a few months ago. And being one of the most famous pitchers of the 20th century, he probably had more interaction with people than most patients did, even in the poor health state he was in.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21...attinson-covid

Robert Pattinson reportedly has COVID-19, and The Batman has halted production
    Batman getting Covid is too in the nose, lazy screenwriting.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

12. Likes:

WrongVerb (09-04-2020)

They call me "chef"

Speaking of current events, a billionaire who maims and paralyzes citizens without due process with the help from the police commissioner of an openly corrupt department seems like it might hit different these days.

14. Likes:

dabvu2498 (09-04-2020),Falls City Beer (09-04-2020),M2 (09-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21...attinson-covid

Batman getting Covid is too in the nose, lazy screenwriting.
    Saw a Tweet on this- "First known human to bat COVID transmission."

16. Likes:

M2 (09-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Speaking of current events, a billionaire who maims and paralyzes citizens without due process with the help from the police commissioner of an openly corrupt department seems like it might hit different these days.
    We are cancelling Batman now?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Moderna is slowing down their vaccine trial to get a more diverse population (people of color, health risks, etc...) in the sample. They have about 17,000 folks in the sample now, need 30,000 total.

Not sure how this gets done and ready to be administered in less than 60 days - and it still has to be reviewed (and be successful).

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    We are cancelling Batman now?
    The bad news is Batman has been canceled.

The good news is he’s been named an honorary member of the East Coast comedy scene. I just listened to his Rogen interview and he made some great points about how criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens thanks to Democrats and the woke police.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    Why not? We need people to get vaccinated so we can get back to normal. It's free money. If you don't want it, you don't have to get the vaccine. It's literally just incentivizing people to do the right thing so this whole nightmare can be over. Seems reasonable enough to me, am I missing something?
    If you're withholding government aid in a lockdown economy with scarce jobs that's just the worst kind of coercion.

So, no.

Turn Off Ads?