Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I swear irony is dead. You do realize there's this disease dropping massive numbers of bodies that you're apparently willing to let run wild because you don't think it will affect you.
    And then in November when the next big wave hits, all the people downplaying COVID will be like:

And the answer will be right there in the mirror staring back at them. Because you all chose money and comfort over health, and pooped the bed for the rest of us as a result.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

M2 (09-16-2020),Revering4Blue (09-16-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    I lived for years and years without health insurance. Made quite the impact on my mentality. Every day the slightest slip could have resulted in my financial peril. But that was whataboutism, because it affected me, a poor person. But now that something bad can happen to you, it counts. It's real. And they've crippled the country because of it. Everyone else is my problem now, and I'm sick of it.
    I'm not particularly worried if I catch COVID. Far more worried if I pass it along to someone for whom it might be fatal. Sorry if showing concern for others is too much for you to bear.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I'm not particularly worried if I catch COVID. Sorry if showing concern for others is too much for you to bear.
    Whataboutism

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-16-2020),Rojo (09-17-2020)

Is that whataboutism?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

M2 (09-16-2020),Revering4Blue (09-16-2020)

Whataboutism
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Andre the Giant, another healthy COVID death

11. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-16-2020)

But seriously, I don’t think you know what that term means
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

M2 (09-16-2020)

Well, I was wondering when this thread was going to come back to life. The late night Rojo rants just weren't getting it done.

This thread is a good grounding in others' realities for me as based on this thread (compared to the world I live in) it feels like some of us live on different planets.

15. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (09-16-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, I was wondering when this thread was going to come back to life. The late night Rojo rants just weren't getting it done.

This thread is a good grounding in others' realities for me as based on this thread (compared to the world I live in) it feels like some of us live on different planets.
    We really do.

I'll just leave it at this for now: The last 6 months have ruined how I feel about some people I've known my entire life.

That's lame as hell. It's a "dog ate my homework" post. Utterly bereft.
    Nope. They’re outgrowths of our overreaction. You simply refuse to care about it because it’s not America.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    This has been pointed out to you many times, so I doubt this registers, however...

All of those issues and numbers would be far greater if the world didn’t institute the pandemic protocols that you dislike. Without a lockdown, we are talking about 5-10 million dead here in the US, close to 100,000,000 dead world wide.

That would destroy the supply chains, destroy the world and US economy, and throw the world and US into a long depression.
    That would NOT have happened. Maybe we didn’t know that in April. But we know it now. We’ve got to chart a path forward since Washington isn’t helping us out anymore. You’re employed and so am I. We’re lucky. 30 million Americans aren’t so lucky. They need checks. And the only route to that money is work. So the media needs to stop scaring young healthy people 24/7 and let any and all businesses that wish to open back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Andre the Giant, another healthy COVID death

19. Likes:

westofyou (09-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post

According to my sky I must live on Mars

21. Likes:

M2 (09-16-2020),Revering4Blue (09-16-2020),RFS62 (09-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    According to my sky I must live on Mars
    I've seen some of the pictures. I imagine that it's even crazier in real life. We get some prairie fires from time to time that we can smell and might make for a bit of a darker afternoon than normal, but (thankfully) I can only imagine what it's like out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    That would NOT have happened. Maybe we didn’t know that in April. But we know it now. We’ve got to chart a path forward since Washington isn’t helping us out anymore. You’re employed and so am I. We’re lucky. 30 million Americans aren’t so lucky. They need checks. And the only route to that money is work. So the media needs to stop scaring young healthy people 24/7 and let any and all businesses that wish to open back up.
    One of the biggest snafus in this has been the Feds not having a cohesive response that set stipulations and goals at a national level. Making it a state issue has created tribal atmosphere across the nation pitting regions against regions, professions against professions and larger urban areas against rural areas. One of the reasons some of the draconian WW2 edicts worked were because they affected everyone, everywhere. It would help if Kansas did what Washington did and California did what Oklahoma did and so forth

24. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-16-2020),Revering4Blue (09-16-2020),RFS62 (09-18-2020)

UBI would be good, too. Yang was right.

26. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-16-2020),Slyder (09-16-2020)

Turn Off Ads?