Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 MLB Season Thread

Re: 2020 MLB Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I know his ERA is ugly, but he is throwing well this season when you watch him....as in he throws and looks great, then has just made a couple mistakes that have cost him. Also, he has started 4 games, and all are good offensive teams (Dodgers, Padres, Rockies, Dodgers). He has one more year after this season @ $22 Million per season....do you think someone will take on his salary at the trade deadline or offseason? Adding him to a good rotation could make a team a much tougher out in the playoffs.
    No......
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

A's & Astros brawl should be interesting for the ramifications. I'd imagine Laureano gets a hefty suspension?

Link to it: https://twitter.com/NBCSAthletics/st...91549650358272

I guess the Astros hitting coach said something that set off Laureano?

Astros should have their season cancelled.

Anything less than 10 games for Lareano after any appeal indicates MLB is not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Anything less than 10 games for Lareano after any appeal indicates MLB is not serious.
    I don't think he will get more than Kelly who threw at 3 straight hitters heads, especially since he is a portion player. I would guess 6-8 games.

Although I could see MLB making a statement on this season that is on the brink of cancellation and lowers the hammer on him.
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-09-2020 at 08:33 PM.

They threw at him twice. I think the pitchers should get longer than Laureano.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Are you kidding here? Guy got hit three times in 2 days. A’s get hit 5 times while Astros none. Guy goes to his base while jokingly telling him how to throw a curve and the Astro hitting coach is yelling at him and when he turns around to look at the hitting coach, the coach steps out of the dugout and walks a couple of feet still jawing at him and goading him to come over until he says ok and then hides behind 2 players. He’s going to get 10 for that? He should maybe get 1. The coach should get the 10.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-10-2020),DocRed (08-10-2020),dreghorntwo (08-10-2020),M2 (08-10-2020),mth123 (08-10-2020),reds77 (08-10-2020),Revering4Blue (08-10-2020),Ron Madden (08-09-2020),wally post (08-10-2020)

Bob Nightengale
    @BNightengale
    Madison Bumgarner is headed back to Arizona to be re-evaluated for his back pain, #Dbacks manager Torey Lovullo said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Are you kidding here? Guy got hit three times in 2 days. A’s get hit 5 times while Astros none. Guy goes to his base while jokingly telling him how to throw a curve and the Astro hitting coach is yelling at him and when he turns around to look at the hitting coach, the coach steps out of the dugout and walks a couple of feet still jawing at him and goading him to come over until he says ok and then hides behind 2 players. He’s going to get 10 for that? He should maybe get 1. The coach should get the 10.
    Weird but interesting interpretation. I think Laureano should get 20 days. No matter what else occurred, he started the fight. I think the coach should also get about 10. His actions put the whole Covid prevention plan for MLB in jeopardy.

I do agree MLB will do the standard 5 day suspension which will show they are not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    No, took him though into the stretch where he couldn’t shimmy and shake and such and he lost the corners....then gave up a HR but should’ve already been 3 outs
    Curious as to why that put Cueto into the stretch when the runner reached third. Hernandez is not a threat to steal (12 in his career), so it was unlikely that he would attempt a steal of home, especially down 5-zip.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-10-2020)

MLB needs to come down on Zach Plesac hard and suspend him for 10 games. A player going out and partying with the general public is way riskier than any on field fight with players that are already constantly tested. It's literally how the Cardinals and Marlins got in their mess.

15. Likes:

757690 (08-10-2020),Edd Roush (08-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    One extra thing, will the Astros start throwing at other teams because they feel like they've got blanket protection from retaliation?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I wouldn't even put it past the CheatStros to target Laureano by hitting him in an attempt to get him suspended. The guy is a stud CF with a 1.2 WAR already this year.

Bob Nightengale
    @BNightengale
    Veteran Charlie Morton of the #Rays becomes the latest pitcher to go on the injured list with inflammation in his right shoulder.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

The rash of seemingly serious pitcher injuries is freaking me out. Wrap Gray, Castillo, and Bauer in bubble wrap please.

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?