Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 MLB Season Thread

Re: 2020 MLB Season Thread

Now having seen both options, I prefer the empty seats over the cardboard cut outs of fans. The latter makes it look like the game is being played at a Chuck E Cheese.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

DocRed (07-23-2020),Revering4Blue (07-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Cueto throwing 92 mph but he’s being masterful with changing of his delays of delivery....looks unhittable

Minor league Cubs contract for DD. I would root for him....except its the Cubs. But I guess if he makes the team that means the Cubs are kinda hurting for players.

- - - Updated - - -

Dustin May gives Carrot Top a run for his money.

6. Likes:

adkindo (07-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Now having seen both options, I prefer the empty seats over the cardboard cut outs of fans. The latter makes it look like the game is being played at a Chuck E Cheese.
    I thought it looks like the cover of Sgt. Peppers.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

8. Likes:

757690 (07-23-2020),kaldaniels (07-23-2020),marcshoe (07-24-2020),Mutaman (07-24-2020)

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Empty Seats > Cardboard Cutouts > The CGI Abomination FOX Unleashes on Saturday

I'm OK with TV baseball being a little different this year. But attempts at fake fans makes it even more different than it needs to be. The proverbial answer to a question nobody asked. But still not nearly enough to be a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post

I'm OK with TV baseball being a little different this year. But attempts at fake fans makes it even more different than it needs to be. The proverbial answer to a question nobody asked. But still not nearly enough to be a deal breaker for me.
    The cutouts kind of make it look like a joke.

Cueto was my first jinx of the season

Getting a rain-shortened season opener was the only thing that made sense in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post

The CGI actually looks pretty decent from what I've seen. I'm guessing if it looks bad they will stop. Judge for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_FQcKH4xL4
    Last edited by DocRed; 07-23-2020 at 11:35 PM.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    The CGI actually looks pretty decent from what I've seen. I'm guessing if it looks bad they will stop. Judge for yourself

Thanks for the link. It does look decent in that clip. But no shot lasted more than a second or two. It’s hard to say what it will look like for three hours.

Also, will they put the right number of fans in the stands based on the teams normal attendance? This might be the only time the Rays play in front of a packed house.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post

That looks HILARIOUS
    Go Gators!

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

I suspect you're just being snarky, 757690, but I think FOX actually said that they will scale audience and actually have their fake CGI fans walking out and leaving empty seats during blow-outs. That is an oddly endearing concept, but it's immediately undone by the fact that the fake CGI fans will be doing the wave.

As far as the overall concept goes:

This isn't a hill I want to die on, or anything, but I figure it's pretty telling that they aren't putting CGI fans in the first 10 rows behind home plate (based on that clip), where they would be seen the entire game on the primary hard cam. And where some teams are putting the cardboard. When the CGI is more off-putting than the cardboard? I'm extrapolating that it's not gonna be a great idea in execution.

Of the preseason games I saw, I did definitely appreciate those stadiums where the phony fans (and fan noise) were less obvious, but I know that's just me. Your mileage may vary. So I guess we'll see....

The Dodger line up is terrifying

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I thought it looks like the cover of Sgt. Peppers.
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1400_.jpg
    Last edited by Mutaman; 07-24-2020 at 02:41 AM.

Hate the cut-outs, LOL. I think the best looking options are the seat covers with the ads on them.

Just cover the seats behind homeplate, too.

Turn Off Ads?