Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 MLB Season Thread

2020 MLB Season Thread

Nolan Arenado just made the rangiest catch I’ve ever seen a 3rd baseman make

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2020 MLB Season Thread

C. トレント・ローズクランズ Retweeted
    SFGiants
    @SFGiants
    OFFICIAL: #SFGiants have acquired RHP Jordan Humphreys from the New York Mets in exchange for OF Billy Hamilton. Humphreys will be optioned to the Alternate Training Site.

4. Likes:

DocRed (08-02-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Mets star Yoenis Céspedes didn't report for game, team says his whereabouts are unknown

New York Mets star Yoenis Céspedes has not reported to the ballpark for Sunday's game in Atlanta, the team's General Manager Brodie Van Wagenen said.

"As of game time, Yoenis Céspedes has not reported to the ballpark today," Van Wagenen said in the statement Sunday afternoon. "He did not reach out to management with any explanation for his absence. Our attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful."
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Alexander's 9 consecutive strike outs against the Reds is a relief pitcher record.

Break up the Orioles.

Chadwick Tromp with a nice start to his major league career. Had a 2 run home run today.

Billy Hamilton traded to the Mets.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

9. Likes:

Griffey012 (08-02-2020),M2 (08-03-2020),RedlegJake (08-02-2020)

I figured Tromp would be the backup catcher for the Reds some day but his minor league clock ran out first...glad to see him latch on with SF.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-02-2020)

Yoenis Céspedes Opts Out Of 2020 Season

Céspedes will indeed opt out of the season, Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen confirmed to reporters including Heyman. Thankfully, Céspedes is safe and healthy, but concerns about the risks of COVID-19 informed his decision to sit out the remainder of the year.

Thus concludes one of the more confusing and concerning stories of the 2020 season thus far. As Tim Britton of The Athletic reports, Van Wagenen and the Mets were unsure of Céspedes’s safety or location at the time of their initial statement, which was issued in the interest of transparency. After dispatching a security outfit to Céspedes’s hotel room, they discovered that he had left, and it was only when contacting his agent that the team learned of his decision not to play the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Shocker...not

What an A..hole. Leave and not inform anyone.

You know who would be on the trading block this winter if I was in Met management

15. Likes:

adkindo (08-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post

You know who would be on the trading block this winter if I was in Met management
    I believe he is a free agent.

Chadwick Tromp with a nice start to his major league career. Had a 2 run home run today.
    Tromp always struck me as a guy who was going to find a way to make it to the show.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Tromp always struck me as a guy who was going to find a way to make it to the show.
    Or into an Evelyn Waugh novel.

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post

Guy has made a lot of money over the last decade, and yesterday was some insight into his character.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I know at least one RedsZone poster who's likely pretty excited about Nick Madrigal collecting four hits in a game yesterday.

Turn Off Ads?