Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 MLB Season Thread

Re: 2020 MLB Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    You almost can't go wrong taking sons of 1990s-ish MLB players....
    Does Matt Stairs have a kid playing yet?

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Bo Bichette was taken in the 2nd round of 2016, after the Reds selected Chris Okey.
    Yes, but Okey made an MiLB all star game with a sub .200 BA. Did Bo do that?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    You almost can't go wrong taking sons of 1990s-ish MLB players....
    Wonder if they have an advantage because dad was on steroids when they were conceived.

PS: Before somebody gets all upset, this was a joke. I have no knowledge or really no interest in figuring who was or wasn't on Steroids back then.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6. Likes:

RedlegJake (08-15-2020)

Bloodline does seem to have its advantages - I am sure there are glaring failures re father vs son but it seems there are a lot more successes in comparison to the overall fail rate of prospects. Of course I haven't done the figures so it could just be a false perception
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

CJ Cron gonna have season ending knee surgery. Tigers also placed Ivan Nova on 10 day IL with Triceps issue

Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    Scott Boras: “So that deadline deals are not impacted by COVID, I am letting all owners know if any of our players are traded and asked to leave their existing teams’ protocols, we have arranged a private jet protocol to allow playes to be safely transported (between clubs).”

Back to back to back to back home runs in the Cardinals-White Sox game off of Cardinals pitcher Roel Ramirez.

This is only the 10th time in MLB history that this has happened.

The first time this happened was when Braves did it against a Reds reliever in 1961.
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 08-16-2020 at 04:01 PM.

11. Likes:

DocRed (08-16-2020),Ron Madden (08-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Back to back to back to back home runs in the Cardinals-White Sox game off of Cardinals pitcher Roel Ramirez.

This is only the 10th time in MLB history that this has happened.

The first time this happened was when Braves did it against a Reds reliever in 1961.
    Starting to see today how devastated the Cards bullpen is. They brought in 2 guys from their farm system to pitch today that have zero pitches between them in the Major Leagues.

All 18 Marlins who have tested positive have been cleared to begin workouts...wow.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-workouts.html

Why wow?

Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    In the team meeting that led to Mike Clevinger and Zach Plesac's demotion, a veteran threatened to opt out if they remained with the Indians. Inside the fallout -- and potentially huge service-time implications -- of Cleveland's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    Why wow?
    I'm just surprised they are ALL back and cleared. I mean Aroldis just got cleared and he got Covid in Spring Training over a month ago. I am assuming he had more severe symptoms though.

In regards to Plesac and Clevinger Oliver Perez threatened to opt out and Lindor echoed similar sentiments. Adam Plutko basically ripped them both a new one in an interview as well, which is kinda shocking to hear.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...veland-indians

Detroit Tigers
    @tigers
    Welcome to The Show!

The #Tigers today announced that three top prospects are scheduled to make their debuts this week: No. 2 RHP Casey Mize, No. 5 LHP Tarik Skubal and No. 6 INF Isaac Paredes.

19. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-17-2020)

Indians option Oscar Mercado. Interesting....I've always liked him. Good centerfielder and decent bat. Still young too. With our latest uncertainty....Trade candidate?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...r-mercado.html

Turn Off Ads?