Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 MLB Season Thread

Re: 2020 MLB Season Thread

Astros about to take Game #1 from the Twins.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hate to see the Twins being so generous to the Astros. Romo wasn't a whole lot better today than he was Sunday, although he should have been out of the inning.

I swear all current A's are just clones of John Mabry.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

They call me "chef"

How does one watch the playoff games without having cable? MLB.tv doesn't carry the playoffs, right? Do any of the other streaming platforms like Hulu have some kind of live TV package you've used to watch playoff games on TBS or Fox Sports or wherever they're appearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think the Yankees would prefer the Twins.
    Yeah they always beat the Twins.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    How does one watch the playoff games without having cable? MLB.tv doesn't carry the playoffs, right? Do any of the other streaming platforms like Hulu have some kind of live TV package you've used to watch playoff games on TBS or Fox Sports or wherever they're appearing?
    Sling is what I use. I believe that including the sports package will get you all the needed channels.

Note: Sling doesn't have local channels, so when the games are on Fox, you'll have to use a different option.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Sling is what I use. I believe that including the sports package will get you all the needed channels.

Note: Sling doesn't have local channels, so when the games are on Fox, you'll have to use a different option.
    Thanks. I’ll google their packages/options!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Yes Hulu has their $55 Bucks a month package which has Live TV +. I just joined a Trial Membership which was cost $1.79 today. I'll either cancel at the end of the playoffs or downgrade to the more reasonable $6 Bucks a month if I decide I need Hulu permanently.
    The Stop And Chat

On one hand, Cubs losing would be sweet. On the other hand, it would make the missed opportunity by the Reds today feel even worse.

11. Likes:

Chip R (10-02-2020)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post

How do I get a refund from Sling?

Should we be really worried about the health of Terry Francona? Info seems pretty vague. Out since 8/16.

During the regular season, Brent Suter walked 5 batters in 31+ innings. He just walked 4 in the first inning tonight.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

It's hard to believe the Reds and Dodgers are playing in the same league.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Would I rather be the Reds and have hitting totally collapse in the playoffs or Indians and have pitching totally collapse? Tough call.

When Orlando Arcia lays into a pitch I always wonder why he doesn't do it more often - fast bat, compact swing, the ball jumps off his bat.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?