Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where Will You Be Watching / Listening to Opening Day 2020?

Re: Where Will You Be Watching / Listening to Opening Day 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I have said for four months that the first thing I want to do when this is all over is go to a bar by myself, drink a couple beers, and watch a ballgame. It's the epitome of everything we can't do now and the antithesis of everything we are doing now: public space, sharing an event with strangers, safe pro sports. The "by myself" part is key, because otherwise you don't really share it with strangers.

I've thought about this so much that it's emerged as the event that will signify all this being over, because I definitely won't be doing this until it's all over, even if I technically can. In the meantime, a projection screen in a yard sounds pretty great.
    Agreed.

Sadly, my favorite place is now closed for good. Being a fellow restaurant guy, I was close with the owner. Somehow I'm making it, but he was too reliant on alcohol. I feel terrible. Almost guilty for being able to thrive in this mess. He's the one that knew how to keep his Warsteiner taps at the absolute perfect temperature, not me. I should have been the one throwing my hands up in frustration.

That first sip would have been amazing. Nobody knows how to do a good Pilsner anymore.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm with you... I'd actually like to go to work one day at my office and then stop off at my pub on my way home and sit at the bar and engage in some good old fashion bar talk. Then go back to my house after not being there long enough to miss it
    For like twenty years I've wished I knew what your voice sounds like.

Such a strange world.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I think I remember most of the game....

5. Likes:

goreds2 (07-25-2020)

Turn Off Ads?