Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We Might Have “It”

Re: We Might Have “It”

I want it on record that I wanted the Reds to trade Iglesias before he started his downward spiral.

I understand not letting Castillo continue in his first start, but going forward, I'd rather roll the dice with the starting rotation if they're cruising rather than a bunch of inconsistent bullpen guys.

2. Turn Off Ads?

FWIW Peraza went 0-4 today.

Baseball eh?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    FWIW Peraza went 0-4 today.

Baseball eh?
    Weird place to keep harping on Peraza.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Cursed thread.
    Go Gators!

6. Likes:

Griffey012 (07-25-2020)

Worth The Wait

The Reds stubborn insistence that Iglesias should be used in high stress/leverage situations is maddening.

Gotta admit though, there was something cleansing about my reaction to his outing. Was sitting next to my wife and blurted out somewhat involuntarily, “God, he sucks!” Less than a full 24 hours into the season and the Reds already frustrated me to the point of a verbal reaction. I think that’s a good sign.
    Last edited by Edskin; 07-25-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Cursed thread.
    I’ll take the blame for this L
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Obviously we are running high off an opening win against a team that projects to be bad. But we roughed up a good MLB starter in Matthew Boyd. Sonny dominated. The new guys contributed. Even better is everyone seems to be playing for the same goal, and that goal is to win. They also seem to be playing for each other and enjoying it in the process. The post game interviews were great. Even our quiet natured, mega millions star is stepping out front to show support for teammates. Moose and Castellanos are great character additions. This team has the makings of a great clubhouse, which is wildly underrated in baseball.

My biggest fear was the Reds laying a dud tonight, that would seem par for the course in Reds country when there has been plenty of optimism surrounding them. Instead they dominated.

Maybe, just maybe we have it this year.

Lol - One win vs a .390 Winning % club and our fans are printing WS tickets.

It's a marath......Oh wait.

D'oh.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Davidson has it.

(Best Wishes Matt - the thread title just struck me a little different today)
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 07-26-2020 at 10:56 AM.

12. Likes:

Griffey012 (07-26-2020)

One good thing that may come of the short schedule is a quick hook or quick look to new guys in the pen after choking. Tigers suck. Gotta win those games.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTerrain View Post
    Lol - One win vs a .390 Winning % club and our fans are printing WS tickets.
    Always intrigued by a first post like this. I think I'll sign up for a message board for my team, and laugh at people who are excited for our first win !!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

15. Likes:

kaldaniels (07-26-2020),M2 (07-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Weird place to keep harping on Peraza.
    You're missing the forest for the trees

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Davidson has it.

(Best Wishes Matt - the thread title just struck me a little different today)
    The first three thread titles have the words:

Covid

Have it

Make it Stop

It's cooo coooo
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

18. Likes:

RedsManRick (07-26-2020)

I am intrigued by 13,670 posts fretting over who the 25th man is going to be on the Sioux Falls roster

Haunted by walks

On the upside: front end of the rotation is even better than we hoped; offense seems well-rounded and capable; Votto is better than we dreamed; defense seems solid; good run differential. Print the playoff tickets now. Oh, wait.

Turn Off Ads?