Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please make it stop.....

Please make it stop.....

I can deal with the constant onslaught of politics being mixed in with baseball and the hilariously bad first pitches,
    I can deal with the short season,
    I can deal with Thom,
    I can even deal with the unholy DH rule,

But please, I beg of you..... please............get rid of the fake crowd noise. I can't take it.
    Last edited by adampad; 07-25-2020 at 11:42 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Please make it stop.....

The empty seats were weird for the 1st batter, then i didn't really notice unless they showed full stadium shots after that. I was ok w the pumped in noise, seemed better than just silence through TV, though sure its weird in person.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Please make it stop.....

At the bottom of the box scores this morning we see this

Attendance: Not Given.
    Field Condition: Unknown.

No head count and no impartial gauge of the state of the field of play.

There will be a lot of things we will need to adjust to. Including the giant stuffed bear that Oakland had in the stands behind the first base dugout

the grounds crew were doing their best to provide real crowd noise
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

6. Likes:

Always Red (07-25-2020),DocRed (07-25-2020),KYExtemper (07-26-2020),Stray (07-26-2020)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I'm all for tanking the fake crowd noise. I'd add extra infield mics and give the option to turn off the announcers. I want to hear the ball hit the mitt, infielders calling cuts, and players yelling the occasional obscenity.

Hearing pro soccer players playing the game has been awesome. They sound just like me and my lads playing pick up. It would be cool to hear baseball sound like it did when I actually played the game again.

8. Likes:

KYExtemper (07-26-2020),Revering4Blue (07-26-2020)

It's not great but I'm already getting used to it.

Having seen other teams do the cutouts of fans in the stands, I'm looking forward to the Reds doing it. I think it's hilarious.

I didn't really notice the crowd noise or pay much attention to the fake seats. Other than that Amy person in Milwaukee, I don't really notice who is in the stands. It seemed just like Baseball to me and its mostly a TV show since every game started being televised anyway. They've used laugh tracks and fake crowd noise on TV forever.

The runner on 2nd thing will probably offend me to no end when it happens. I'm rooting for no extra inning games this year so I don't need to see that abomination.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-26-2020)

I thought it was fine. I wish they would crank it up more though for RBI's and HR's. I noticed it didn't change that much.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I thought it was fine. I wish they would crank it up more though for RBI's and HR's. I noticed it didn't change that much.
    Agreed! Give me more fake loud noise...i want it to sound like a real game with real fans. Home team obviously louder crowd noise and quieter for away team.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

No way, needs to be louder if anything

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Fake crowd noise or lack thereof doesn’t affect me.

But that Blair Witch clicking noise..
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    the grounds crew were doing their best to provide real crowd noise
    They did the Moose Horns too!! Need to expand the grounds crew to a couple thousand

I've liked the piped-in crowd noise during European soccer games. Haven't decided how I feel about it for baseball yet.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

When I told my wife they were pumping in crowd noise, she said it sounded just like a regular game and didn’t realize it was artificial. She said it sounded like a regular game.

Of course, she sits and reads a book when I’m watching a ballgame and she only makes a comment 1-2 times during the gane.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I'm all for tanking the fake crowd noise. I'd add extra infield mics and give the option to turn off the announcers. I want to hear the ball hit the mitt, infielders calling cuts, and players yelling the occasional obscenity.

Hearing pro soccer players playing the game has been awesome. They sound just like me and my lads playing pick up. It would be cool to hear baseball sound like it did when I actually played the game again.
    For real. I feel like MLB is missing a huge opportunity here. It seems what they're going for with the fake noise and the CGI fans (I have not recovered from this concept) is trying to make things seem as normal as possible. Nothing is normal. We know it. We know there aren't fans there. Embrace it. Give us something different. Mic the players (and get the censor button ready). Explore the noises of the field. Give us this very unique chance to see what a baseball game sounds like to a player, in an empty stadium, rather than what it sounds like through a fake filter that can never trick us into thinking things are normal.

One of my biggest takeaways from the last few months is how little imagination we have. If things aren't exactly the way they've always been, we feel like we're not even ourselves. It wouldn't be a bad idea to practice things that are new and creative. The world is different right now and baseball is different right now. Why not take this chance to experience it differently?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

20. Likes:

cincinnati chili (08-02-2020),malcontent (07-25-2020),Revering4Blue (07-26-2020)

Turn Off Ads?