Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please make it stop.....

Worth The Wait

Re: Please make it stop.....

Man, I’m the opposite. Love the fake crowd noise and am amazed at how accurately they line it up with live play. I also like the virtual fans on FOX today at Wrigley. 2020: Embrace the weird.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-26-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Man, I’m the opposite. Love the fake crowd noise and am amazed at how accurately they line it up with live play. I also like the virtual fans on FOX today at Wrigley. 2020: Embrace the weird.
    Exactly! Embrace the weird! Don't try to fake the normal!

I agree with you on the impressiveness of them lining it up with play, though. Somebody picked that skill up fast.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

It varies from team to team, network to network. I like the Reds fake fan noise, it’s rather accurate and not intrusive. Some teams are playing it a bit too loud and not getting the timing and volume right for specific plays. When it’s too loud and there are no fans in the seats, it offsetting. I am guessing more will have it right soon.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

The CGI in the Cubs game today actually had me fooled. I was like WTF there are fans ins the stands? The problem is they are only using it some of the time (like on HR's) and the next time they don't use it which looks weird. It also doesn't work with closeups thus no CGI fans behind home plate.

They are also doing a lot better job with fan noise level on the Cubs game on right now on Fox.
    Last edited by DocRed; 07-25-2020 at 03:25 PM.

As weird as the fake crowd noise is, no crowd noise would be worse.

Anything to make it seem as normal as possible is good for me.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

8. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-25-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think I prefer the cutouts over the CGI fans

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    I can deal with the constant onslaught of politics being mixed in with baseball and the hilariously bad first pitches,
    I can deal with the short season,
    I can deal with Thom,
    I can even deal with the unholy DH rule,

But please, I beg of you..... please............get rid of the fake crowd noise. I can't take it.

I don't know. It was really unnerving, for whatever reason, to see some games without it in camp. It's a little overdone in this CHC-MIL game today, but I think they need some ambient noise.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

11. Likes:

757690 (07-25-2020)

Most of the time I end up muting the game anyway, because listening to the announcers drone on becomes such a big detraction to the game itself. So I am used to no crowd noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    As weird as the fake crowd noise is, no crowd noise would be worse.

Anything to make it seem as normal as possible is good for me.
    Agreed, I like the noise.

I'm a long-time muter because of Thom, but I kept the volume on yesterday and found I disliked the crowd noise, because knowing it wasn't real made it feel like I was watching fiction, complete with special effects. I want an honest representation of what's happening.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I think they need it or TV would be picking up a lot of expletives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I'm a long-time muter because of Thom, but I kept the volume on yesterday and found I disliked the crowd noise, because knowing it wasn't real made it feel like I was watching fiction, complete with special effects. I want an honest representation of what's happening.
    It is what's really happening in the stadium, at least. It's not only on TV.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Tom Hanks to hawk hot dogs to no one

Tom Hanks has been stranded on a deserted island. He's fixed a mechanical issue while in space. He's been a child trapped in an adult's body. But the two-time Oscar-winning actor has his hardest role carved out for him now: He has to sell ballpark concessions to no one.

That's right: With fans not allowed in stadiums this season, teams got creative to make their massive ballparks not feel so lonely. Teams filled the stands with cardboard cutouts of their diehard supporters and the speakers are pumping out crowd sounds supplied by "MLB: The Show." The A's went and upped the game though, as they announced on Friday that actor and baseball fanatic Tom Hanks will hawk hot dogs, popcorn and soda over the loudspeakers.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    I think they need it or TV would be picking up a lot of expletives.

- - - Updated - - -

It is what's really happening in the stadium, at least. It's not only on TV.
    It's not a natural result of anything. It's enhancement.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    I can deal with the constant onslaught of politics being mixed in with baseball and the hilariously bad first pitches,
    I can deal with the short season,
    I can deal with Thom,
    I can even deal with the unholy DH rule,

But please, I beg of you..... please............get rid of the fake crowd noise. I can't take it.
    Can't. Fake fans union.

Look on the bright side, it might be easier for the players to focus during games without the normal fan noise.

Turn Off Ads?