Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: 2020 Reds News, Notes And Discussion

Re: 2020 Reds News, Notes And Discussion

The Reds did struggle to make contact, as noted in the article, which gave less opportunity for the events to play out. Susceptible to bad luck ruining the day with few opportunities. Too bad, they certainly deserved better.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-05-2020),Ron Madden (10-05-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

yes lets feel good and blame luck for first and third no out twice and bases loaded one out it is all bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    yes lets feel good and blame luck for first and third no out twice and bases loaded one out it is all bad luck
    Short series you can get anomalies like that.

No excuse for poor performance, just an interesting way to look from a more global view. Timely contact was the Reds problem all year and was exposed big time in game one.

try and find any game , going forward where the reds opponents dont score with first and third no out twice and bases loaded one out , in one game

i forgot to add,, one of the first annd thirds was with the 3-4-5 hitters due up next

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Basically, they might’ve been unlucky on the balls they did put in play, but the fact that they put so few balls in play to begin with was the whole problem.

That one string of PAs where Farmer and Galvis struck out in pretty pathetic fashion with RISP was kind of a microcosm of those 2 games.

9. Likes:

757690 (10-07-2020),Boss-Hog (10-05-2020),Edd Roush (10-05-2020),HammerTime (10-06-2020),mth123 (10-05-2020),REDREAD (10-12-2020),Revering4Blue (10-05-2020),Tom Servo (10-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Basically, they might’ve been unlucky on the balls they did put in play, but the fact that they put so few balls in play to begin with was the whole problem.

That one string of PAs where Farmer and Galvis struck out in pretty pathetic fashion with RISP was kind of a microcosm of those 2 games.
    Barnhart, Farmer, and Galvis. It is still haunting my dreams.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (10-05-2020)

dont forget the first inning with votto and suarez

I'll go a step further and say that the fact that it was Farmer and Galvis we were hoping to get the runs in was the real problem. Galvis can't hit against LHP (and barely against RHP), yet he was the choice to hit there.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

This is completely true, but in two games, an extra couple of hits could have made all of the difference in getting one win. Maybe those hits happened prior to the times we got people on base, and we win the first game 2-0? The issue was both facets, bad luck and horrendous situational hitting. We always knew the second issue existed, it was just really visually enhanced with the outlier stuff that we cant seem to get away from.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

15. Likes:

goreds2 (10-05-2020)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I think that is wrong. The Braves won the first game on a hit with RISP.

And Votto didn’t score on one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?