Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Reds News, Notes And Discussion

Re: 2020 Reds News, Notes And Discussion

Both Josh Smiths even. Marlins are looking for anybody that can breathe. That can still breathe, for now, I mean.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 07-27-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great post game interviews by Antone and Stephenson. Check em out if you haven't. I think both will continue to contribute this season for however long it goes.

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-28-2020)

Makes me worried that we haven't heard anything about Moose and Senzel tests yet. I'm just going to assume thy both have it at this point and will be out indefinitely. I just really hope no one else tests positive...I would actually take that deal at a this point.
    Last edited by DocRed; 07-28-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Makes me worried that we haven't heard anything about Moose and Senzel tests yet. I'm just going to assume thy both have it at this point and will be out indefinitely. I just really hope no one else tests positive...I would actually take that deal at a this point.
    I think it’s likely they both haven’t tested positive. Either they’re still awaiting results (which would surprise me), or they both tested negative and are still somewhat ill, so they’re self-isolating and will be / have been retested out of an abundance of caution. In this scenario, they’re waiting to get the results of those second tests.

Purely speculation obviously.
    I've got my pride, I drink my wine

7. Likes:

DocRed (07-28-2020),Ron Madden (07-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    I think it’s likely they both haven’t tested positive. Either they’re still awaiting results (which would surprise me), or they both tested negative and are still somewhat ill, so they’re self-isolating and will be / have been retested out of an abundance of caution. In this scenario, they’re waiting to get the results of those second tests.

Purely speculation obviously.
    I think this is very plausible.

Another thought. maybe the Reds are actually trying to follow the rule and not announce anything about an individual's test results. I thought I remembered reading that positives would not be disclosed. We may be able to figure it out, but it may be that the Reds simply won't announce anything more than they already have.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think this is very plausible.

Another thought. maybe the Reds are actually trying to follow the rule and not announce anything about an individual's test results. I thought I remembered reading that positives would not be disclosed. We may be able to figure it out, but it may be that the Reds simply won't announce anything more than they already have.
    Under HIPAA any test result whether negative or positive cannot be released without the players consent.

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-28-2020)

"T-Amigoes" (TJ Friedl, Taylor Trammell and Tony Satillan) ecstatic over Tyler Stephenson’s epic Reds debut. Cool stuff....

https://theathletic.com/1957339/2020...ic-reds-debut/

12. Likes:

757690 (07-28-2020)

Reds Activate Tucker. RBob to IL with back strain.

Is RBob Robert Stephenson?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

DocRed (07-28-2020)

Based on the fact MLB said no new positives in 29 teams, that we have no news on Senzel and Moose and the fact that Bell didn't submit his lineup until like 30 minutes before first pitch makes me think MLB is blocking the reinstatement of both of them based on the SheisseStorm that is happening with the Marlins. I mean they reinstated Renteria the coach of the White Sox in like 24 hours!!!

#Reds Nick Castellanos said Mike Moustakas and Nick Senzel have both tested negative and aren't available until Thursday
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

18. Likes:

DocRed (07-28-2020),Edd Roush (07-29-2020),Ron Madden (07-28-2020)

C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent
    #Reds Nick Castellanos said Mike Moustakas and Nick Senzel have both tested negative and aren't available until Thursday

20. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (07-28-2020),DocRed (07-28-2020),ochoa30 (07-29-2020)

Better than never!! RAINOUT TOMORROW!!! COME ON!!

Not sure how Cast is allowed to say that but Bell isn't though...

Whoa Castellanos, "unfortunately with some of these F***ing protocols Moose and Senzel aren't eligible to play until Thursday".

I hope he is right about Thursday though. I'm not so sure. Travis D'arnold and Tyler Flowere are just now going to be eligible in 1-2 days and both tested negative and both have been out longer than Senzel and Moose.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ctivation.html
    Last edited by DocRed; 07-28-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt
    Monday's Cubs @ Reds game was the first game with 8 total hit batsmen since July 31, 1897 (Louisville vs St Louis) and the 3rd all-time.

Turn Off Ads?