Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Reds News, Notes And Discussion

Re: 2020 Reds News, Notes And Discussion

Reds have reversed the option on Matt Bowman and placed him on the 10 day IL with an elbow sprain. I didn't know reversing an option was even a thing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Reds have reversed the option on Matt Bowman and placed him on the 10 day IL with an elbow sprain. I didn't know reversing an option was even a thing.
    Covid-2020 rules

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Sounds like a 45 Day DL stint is coming as soon as they need a 40 man spot.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (07-30-2020)

Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    Source confirms: MLB expected to announce tomorrow that it will stage seven-inning doubleheaders starting Aug. 1. No decision yet on extending 30-man rosters.

If they are going to play 7 inning games just cancel the season. This isn’t little league. And I say that knowing I’ll likely give the reds an advantage given the state of the pen thus far.

9. Likes:

757690 (07-31-2020),texasdave (07-31-2020)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    If they are going to play 7 inning games just cancel the season. This isn’t little league. And I say that knowing I’ll likely give the reds an advantage given the state of the pen thus far.
    AAA plays 7 inning games in double headers. Weird baseball is better than no baseball to me.

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-31-2020)

I wouldn’t mind seven inning game doubleheaders as a regular matter.

Not day-night doubleheaders; actual doubleheaders like in the old days. With a 20 minute break between games. Each team would have maybe 5-7 of them per season.

Of course, it’s one admission ticket for two games, so owners might not like it.

Would give players more off days. A fun day of baseball. Not oppressively long. For the attention span of the 2020s (including mine).

Wouldn’t be surprised if MLB and players consider that for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    It does make this season even more of a joke, and less legitimate. A 7 inning win is very different from a 9 inning win. They shouldn’t count the same.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-31-2020),savafan (07-31-2020),texasdave (07-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind seven inning game doubleheaders as a regular matter.

Not day-night doubleheaders; actual doubleheaders like in the old days. With a 20 minute break between games. Each team would have maybe 5-7 of them per season.

Of course, it’s one admission ticket for two games, so owners might not like it.

Would give players more off days. A fun day of baseball. Not oppressively long. For the attention span of the 2020s (including mine).

Wouldn’t be surprised if MLB and players consider that for the future.
    If they did this in a normal season, I am done, and this is not an empty threat. Counting a 7 inning win the same as a 9 inning game makes a mockery of the concept of fairness.

This also keeps proving my theory that Manfred hates baseball. Most of his proposals are about playing less baseball.

Hate the 7 inning games and the runner on second business. Not really too hot on the 3 batter minimum rule either to be honest.
    Last edited by mth123; 07-31-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

17. Likes:

757690 (07-31-2020),Old school 1983 (07-31-2020),savafan (07-31-2020)

Cards and Brewers game called off today because of virus...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ue-coronavirus
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If they did this in a normal season, I am done, and this is not an empty threat. Counting a 7 inning win the same as a 9 inning game makes a mockery of the concept of fairness.

This also keeps proving my theory that Manfred hates baseball. Most of his proposals are about playing less baseball.
    I don’t see how fairness is impacted at all.

Every team plays, say, six doubleheaders. It impacts twelve games each (of 162). All teams identical. The impact on stats is minimal. It’s 24 innings fewer per season. No big deal really.

As long as it’s across the board for all teams, seems neutral. If one wanted, it could be avoided for games within the division.

If they market it well, could be big days at the ballpark with big crowds. I have no problem with it.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-31-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don’t see how fairness is impacted at all.

Every team plays, say, six doubleheaders. It impacts twelve games each. All teams identical. The impact on stats is minimal. It’s 24 innings fewer per season. No big deal really.

As long as it’s across the board for all teams, seems neutral.
    We all can acknowledge that a 7 inning gives the Reds an advantage. So we will have some teams that are better in a 7 inning game than a 9 inning game and some teams better in a 9 inning game than a 7 inning game.

Teams will be playing two types of games, each game requiring a different type of team to win. Both both types of games will count the same. That is unfair.

21. Likes:

savafan (07-31-2020),texasdave (07-31-2020)

Shortening games to 7 innings helps teams with bad bullpens. Reds have one of the worst in baseball.

Not sure how you could argue it doesn't help the Reds, unless they only play doubleheaders with teams that have worse bullpens, which seems impossible after watching the last 3 games.

23. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-31-2020)

Turn Off Ads?