Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins have Covid outbreak

Re: Marlins have Covid outbreak

Yep, if you do not have your league in a bubble you simply don’t want to actually have a season.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Eric Jackson
    @ericjackson

BREAKING: Major League Baseball to hold an emergency meeting today after 14 Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19 following their weekend series with the Philadelphia Phillies.
    2:03pm · 27 Jul 2020
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

NHL is the sport that really has this right. why go to a hot-spot like florida for the bubble? how about going up to canada and having multiple bubbles? great idea by the NHL and i bet it works.

now, I will say the bubbles in orlando for the NBA and MLS seem to be working well so far, but if you're going to have teams in a bubble, florida is not the best place to do it.

meanwhile, it seems canada has their stuff together on this issue. at least as much as a country can.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Eric Jackson
    @ericjackson

BREAKING: Major League Baseball to hold an emergency meeting today after 14 Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19 following their weekend series with the Philadelphia Phillies.
    2:03pm · 27 Jul 2020
    Predictions?
    I've got my pride, I drink my wine

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    Predictions?
    Marlins and Orioles players are each docked one game's pay for the game not played tonight.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-27-2020),bm1475 (07-27-2020),Griffey012 (07-27-2020),Kilgore_Trout (07-27-2020),NachoMan (07-27-2020)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    From Heyman - Blue Dot

1m
    Hearing Marlins are out there looking for extra MLB quality players. Obviously they have a lot of concerns but one of them is fielding a representative team.
    That would be a mind-boggling development. How many major league quality players are not in the major leagues now? Those who didn’t make someone’s 60-man roster? Even among those yearning to make it, who would want to join that situation? They’re not going to get Bronson Arroyo off his boat. Would there be a draft, for the TySteves?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    That would be a mind-boggling development. How many major league quality players are not in the major leagues now? Those who didn’t make someone’s 60-man roster? Even among those yearning to make it, who would want to join that situation? They’re not going to get Bronson Arroyo off his boat. Would there be a draft, for the TySteves?
    Maybe they end up doing 10 day contracts like the NBA.

Seems like they could cobble together some AAAA talent pretty quickly that would have a chance to compete with the Orioles.

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    NHL is the sport that really has this right. why go to a hot-spot like florida for the bubble? how about going up to canada and having multiple bubbles? great idea by the NHL and i bet it works.

now, I will say the bubbles in orlando for the NBA and MLS seem to be working well so far, but if you're going to have teams in a bubble, florida is not the best place to do it.

meanwhile, it seems canada has their stuff together on this issue. at least as much as a country can.
    A bubble is a bubble. Doesn’t really matter where it is. If the concept is deployed properly, no one goes in or out without following the strict protocols so it doesn’t really matter where the bubble is actually located. The NBA has been down there for over 3 weeks now; daily testing; no positives yet. As a huge NBA/Thunder fan I’m pretty hopeful that this plan will work and see it through all the way to Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    A bubble is a bubble. Doesn’t really matter where it is. If the concept is deployed properly, no one goes in or out without following the strict protocols so it doesn’t really matter where the bubble is actually located. The NBA has been down there for over 3 weeks now; daily testing; no positives yet. As a huge NBA/Thunder fan I’m pretty hopeful that this plan will work and see it through all the way to Finals.
    that's not true because the workers that come in and out of the bubble live nearby. for the NBA and MLS, the workers live in florida. for the NHL, they live in canada.

and it's foolish to think that none of the players are going to break protocol, as we've already seen in the NBA with lou williams getting caught going to a strip club in atlanta. so, not even a local orlando strip club; he left the bubble and went all the way to atlanta.

13. Likes:

drowg14 (07-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    Predictions?
    I don’t see how they can go forward with this season.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-27-2020),RedsfaninMT (07-27-2020)

Dang........:/

Grand Opening...

Grand Closing...
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 07-27-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    that's not true because the workers that come in and out of the bubble live nearby. for the NBA and MLS, the workers live in florida. for the NHL, they live in canada.

and it's foolish to think that none of the players are going to break protocol, as we've already seen in the NBA with lou williams getting caught going to a strip club in atlanta. so, not even a local orlando strip club; he left the bubble and went all the way to atlanta.
    He left the bubble for a funeral in Atlanta, which was approved. Obviously the dinner at a strip club was not.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Looks like the games are still on

https://nesn.com/2020/07/mlb-reporte...mpression=true

Turn Off Ads?