Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, a live K-Zone on FOX Sports Ohio broadcasts

Re: Finally, a live K-Zone on FOX Sports Ohio broadcasts

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    When I was watching the old 80s sports over the past few months, I absolutely could not follow along without the onscreen graphic holding my hand on things like the count, number of outs, down and distance, etc. I'm too young to have ever watched sports without them -- I wonder, for the old-timers, are you able to follow along without that information plastered to the screen?
    The human mind has changed dramatically over the last few decades. Attention spans are getting smaller and the ability to persist on a problem or situation has decreased. Us "old-timers" have certainly been influenced by this, but we also have memories of a time before TV screens flashed like a strobe light in the new camera angle change/editing schema.

The old broadcasts accounted for people using the bathroom and getting another beer from the frig. Woven into the play by play were constant reminders of the situation- "so with one out Votto comes to the plate with a runner on second." What can I say? I like the old way better. And in true 'get off my lawn' fashion, I think the new media is 'rotting our brains.' And there is indeed empirical evidence that attention spans are diminished nationwide.

2. Likes:

Crumbley (07-31-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyJ View Post
    All the K-Zone and ball tracking graphics are pointless clutter.
    What!? You don't need to know the quantum state of every particle in every baseball that crosses the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    The human mind has changed dramatically over the last few decades. Attention spans are getting smaller and the ability to persist on a problem or situation has decreased. Us "old-timers" have certainly been influenced by this, but we also have memories of a time before TV screens flashed like a strobe light in the new camera angle change/editing schema.

The old broadcasts accounted for people using the bathroom and getting another beer from the frig. Woven into the play by play were constant reminders of the situation- "so with one out Votto comes to the plate with a runner on second." What can I say? I like the old way better. And in true 'get off my lawn' fashion, I think the new media is 'rotting our brains.' And there is indeed empirical evidence that attention spans are diminished nationwide.
    I see it in myself. Doing four different things at once all the time has destroyed my ability to focus on any one thing for more than a few minutes, particularly at work. Over the last couple of weeks I have been trying very hard to stop, and it's showing results already.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I despise the K zone, I would give anything to it have it onscreen at all times

Turn Off Ads?