Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Deadline is 8/31

Trade Deadline is 8/31

Might as well start the thread now. Only a little over a month away.

Hopefully the reds rattle of 5 wins in next 7, but to put this in perspective, the team just effectively lost 10 games in a row.

Will anyone trade anything of even moderate value this year?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Deadline is 8/31

I bet the Indians still move Lindor. It's what they do. And since no one is going to want to do anything this year they may well get a King's ransom for him

Speaking of the Indians. I live in CLE and just watched them finish up a W. The players just seem so loose and good. Half the team is made up of nobodies, and they just seem to get it.

Why can’t we have this as reds fans?

Been watching them for 25 years now and even the 3-4 years they were good it almost seemed like they were frauds.

Why do i continue watching? I don’t get it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

DocRed (07-28-2020)

I doubt the MLB season lasts to 8/31
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Speaking of the Indians. I live in CLE and just watched them finish up a W. The players just seem so loose and good. Half the team is made up of nobodies, and they just seem to get it.

Why can’t we have this as reds fans?

Been watching them for 25 years now and even the 3-4 years they were good it almost seemed like they were frauds.

Why do i continue watching? I don’t get it.
    It's a culture of winning over there. When you have done it year after year it breeds confidence. They also have confidence in their front office.

Having a manager that wants to win is also a key to their success.

There is speculation Lindor will demand a larger deal than Trout/Betts....so I am not sure why Reds fans are so interested in giving up a lot for him when the Reds are not going to be a player in trying to sign him long term.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Not uncommon for contending teams to pick up closers or set up men at the deadline.

If Reds are a contending team they should strongly consider that.

Big if as things stand now.

It’s an interesting dilemma. Do you treat this as a normal 162 game season and decide to push all your chips in and go for it. Or do you treat this as a glorified exhibition season and keep all those big chips and keep any moves to small ones? I favor the latter. With things so uncertain, don’t take any big risks.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-29-2020),Old school 1983 (07-29-2020),Rolando (07-29-2020),savafan (07-29-2020),Wonderful Monds (07-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    It’s an interesting dilemma. Do you treat this as a normal 162 game season and decide to push all your chips in and go for it. Or do you treat this as a glorified exhibition season and keep all those big chips and keep any moves to small ones? I favor the latter. With things so uncertain, don’t take any big risks.
    I’d not be reading any major chips unless it’s for guys that will be around next year at least too. If teams are in it that would not be under normal circumstances there might be some willingness to spend way bigger than normal. I’d try to take advantage of that.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Ken Giles is out there. So is Joe Jimenez from the Tigers. We'll see where those teams are in a month.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Ken Giles is out there. So is Joe Jimenez from the Tigers. We'll see where those teams are in a month.
    Giles got shut down yesterday with a forearm strain. His name came to mind after watching the Reds bullpen over the weekend. Then I saw he was hurt.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ed-list-2.html

Turn Off Ads?