Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All-Out Astros Attack

Re: All-Out Astros Attack

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    They can't allow it, but they also can't stop it. That's sort of the bind they're in. Opposing players are going to seek to dish out the punishment they feel MLB should have levied. The Astros have only begun getting beaned.
    They can stop it if they start issuing really steep suspensions and fines to the point where the organization, and players, are saying "This is counterproductive and really hurting us, and we need to put a stop to it!"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    They can stop it if they start issuing really steep suspensions and fines to the point where the organization, and players, are saying "This is counterproductive and really hurting us, and we need to put a stop to it!"
    I'm sure nothing will quell the boiling anger of other players towards the Astros like MLB taking a heavy-handed approach to shielding the Astros. Also, in this season I'll hazard a guess many players are willing to be counterproductive.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    So protect the Astros even more? Any suspicious HBP results in a suspension? I don’t want people throwing at them but you can’t shield them.

I just wonder if the umps will be ordered to be extra protective of the Astros. Such as every game will start with the opposition being warned about hitting Astro hitters and the first plunk will result in an ejection. Or hopefully, the umps treat it like any other game.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I would invite everyone to go back and watch that entire Kelly vs Astros inning and not just watch the highlights of the inning. I guarantee you'll feel a lot different about the whole situation. I'm not convinced he intentionally threw at anyone after watching every pitch of the inning.

Pitchers don't throw at guys with breaking balls, so I have no idea what Kelly's intentions were...and that makes his 8 game suspension in a 60 game season absurd. That said, I wouldn't mind if the Astros took one or two in the ribs every night, but don't throw at their heads. That's worse than what they did.

Time to bring this back as New York Yankees fans may have declared open season on the Astros - https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/y...ore-takeaways/. Houston didn't have to face this last year because of COVID lockdowns, but, bless their hearts, Yankees fans never forget. They've poured pure vitriol all over the Astros during this homestand, giving Jose Altuve a birthday celebration he'd probably like to forget. It will be interesting to see if other fanbases pick it up from here. They really should. The Astros were that egregious. They cheated everybody and MLB gave them slap on the wrist. As more fans return to the games, they just got a reminder that they should be chewing holes through the Astros when they come to town.

Houston has a 10-game homestand coming up next. So Oakland has the next chance to hammer them on the 18th. Would love to see the Astros become the focal point for our society's collective need to vent.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

goreds2 (05-07-2021),wally post (05-09-2021)

Astros complain to MLB about taunting as Yankee fans are curbed from heckling: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/astro...-fans-heckling
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Wow - now they’re cracking down on fans

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Astros complain to MLB about taunting as Yankee fans are curbed from heckling: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/astro...-fans-heckling

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Astros complain to MLB about taunting as Yankee fans are curbed from heckling
    As a result of the Yankees fans' heckling, MLB extended Amir Garrett's suspension an additional five games.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

13. Likes:

757690 (05-09-2021),goreds2 (05-10-2021),klw (08-04-2021),The Operator (05-10-2021),traderumor (05-11-2021),westofyou (08-04-2021)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Did this reporter get any other source that the Astros complained to the commissioners' office about taunting other than from the nut in the Oscar the grouch costume?

"Taub [i.e. guy in Oscar the Grouch costume] said the guard added that the Astros had complained to MLB about fans in other cities, and MLB had told the Yankees to tighten their rules," the report read.

Both the Astros and the commissioner’s office told Sports Illustrated that they were "unaware of any such complaints or directives."
    Stick to your guns.

Sounds like the guard is making stuff up to cover the yankees wanting to throw the guy out.
    Go Gators!

16. Likes:

cincinnati chili (05-10-2021)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Los Angeles fans give Houston Astros not-so-warm welcome at Dodger Stadium
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

18. Likes:

M2 (08-05-2021)

Turn Off Ads?