Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NHL Playoffs begin Saturday in two bubble cities in Canada

2020 NHL Playoffs begin Saturday in two bubble cities in Canada

https://ca.reuters.com/article/sport...CN24V3JQ-OCASP

"The top four seeds in the Eastern Conference and Western Conference will play a round-robin series to determine their seeding for the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
    The other teams will compete in a best-of-five qualification round to determine the rest of the 16-team field for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, which will then follow the traditional format with four rounds of best-of-seven series."
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2020 NHL Playoffs begin Saturday in two bubble cities in Canada

I've caught some hockey. Seems they can play hockey without fans just as easily as with fans.

Go Hawks!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Jonathan Toews scored two goals, including the game winner, in Wednesday's 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers. Toews gave the Blackhawks a 2-1 lead with power play goal late in the first period. But Chicago found themselves down 3-2 heading into the third frame. Toews hit the post with his team down a goal in the final period, but Matthew Highmore tied the game off a deflection. With less than 1:15 remaining in regulation, Connor Murphy's wrist shot from the point was deflected by Oilers defenseman Ethan Bear and went off Toews before going into the net. The goal was initially given to Murphy, but then it was changed to Toews. The Blackhawks captain has four goals and one assist in three games during this series. Chicago now has a 2-1 lead in this series. They can eliminate the Oilers on Friday.

Flyers vs. Canadiens should be fun, but will Gritty and Youppi be there?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

Chip R (08-12-2020),Revering4Blue (08-10-2020),westofyou (08-09-2020)

BTW, the NHL draft lottery has got to be fixed. I say this as a Rangers fan, so I'm fine that it's fixed. Just want to acknowledge it.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    BTW, the NHL draft lottery has got to be fixed. I say this as a Rangers fan, so I'm fine that it's fixed. Just want to acknowledge it.
    Even as a fan of two small market NHL franchises -- Buffalo and Carolina; tough loss yesterday, but at least the franchise is stabilized -- I have to acknowledge the fact of the dearth of stars in major NHL markets. I cannot ever recall this (lack of large market star power) occurring for a relatively long period in any Major League Sport, this includes ABA, WHA and NASL.

So, yes, I'm fine with this upcoming draft weighing in favor of the New York Rangers (and the like) of the NHL world.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

11. Likes:

M2 (08-13-2020)

Can the Reds hire whoever is in charge of running the Golden Knights away from Vegas? I'm not particularly a hockey guy, so I may be 100% wrong, but it sure seems like that three year old franchise is the best one in the NHL already.

13. Likes:

M2 (08-31-2020),Revering4Blue (09-18-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Stanley Cup Finals matchup is set: Tampa Bay vs. Dallas. Two warmer climates that have both, coincidentaly won it all before, albeit several seasons ago in both cases.

Shout out to the 9 seed Islanders for refusing to go down easily. And it's still astounding that the Golden Knights have ascended to power in their very short span of existence.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-18-2020)

The Lightning bear the burden of expectations. This core needs to win a Cup or it's going to be labeled one of the most underachieving teams in history.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-18-2020)

It took the Lightning long enough....was beginning to be concerned.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-19-2020)

Game 5 entering 2nd OT period......Dallas trying to force a Game 6.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Dallas wins in 2OT...Game 6 on Monday.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Lightning was dominating action, too. The Stars goalie is the MVP.

Turn Off Ads?