Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals-Brewers game postponed due to Cardinals' players testing positive

Re: Cardinals-Brewers game postponed due to Cardinals' players testing positive

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I wonder if there's a modern day equivalent plan included in the CBA
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Derrick S. Goold
    @dgoold
    #Stlcards are scheduled to play 10 games at Wrigley.
    #Cubs are scheduled to play zero games in St. Louis.

Kris Bryant rejoices.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I wonder if there's a modern day equivalent plan included in the CBA
    Count on it

Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    Cardinals will play 21 games in August, including four doubleheaders, and 32 games in September, including seven doubleheaders.
    Quote Tweet

Joel Sherman
    @Joelsherman1
    · 1h
    if this amended #StlCards sked is played in total they would reach 58 games, with the Monday after the season open to potentially play a game or 2 more if necessary to decide playoff spot.

The rest of August and all of September need to be awfully dry.

7. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-14-2020)

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The rest of August and all of September need to be awfully dry.
    I hope it rains pain and misery for the Cardinals (the baseball only kind of course).

9. Likes:

DocRed (08-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    we both keep asking this. this was supposed to be the plan. what changed?

is this akin to how the goal went from "flattening the curve" to "completely eliminating the virus?"
    Or, just spitballing here, the persistence of the disease requires MLB to be like the rest of society and adjust accordingly.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

11. Likes:

mth123 (08-15-2020),PuffyPig (08-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    To provide a hypothetical real world spin on this: Major League Baseball teams travel by air. What would a Major League Baseball team's business continuity plan be if the team plane went down and the entire team was wiped out?
    This was the question that almost ruined the blossoming friendship of Keith Hernandez and Jerry Seinfeld before it could even begin.

It's been discussed here before. MLB has contingency plans for the "plane crash" type scenario. Involved dispersal drafts, etc.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Cardinals get a bunch of games that are 7 innings long, seems fair eh?
    I think it’s better for teams to play 9 inning games every day than a bunch of “off days” followed by a series of 7 day double hitters.

You best pitchers, presumably your 5 starters, will pitch less.

Plus, a number of players won’t play both games of double headers.

Now while the other team will be in the same boat, they likely won’t have to contend with a series of double headers like the Cards do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cardinals get a bunch of games that are 7 innings long, seems fair eh?
    My thoughts exactly. What a load of crap.

The Reds could use some 7 inning games to shorten their bullpen.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

With no Reds game this weekend I will turn to rooting against the Dirty Birds today. Both of their games vs the ChiSox are on MLB Network today. Go ChiSox!!

Also it looks like both DeJong and Molina will not join the team for the next 8 games at least even though they've both been out for over 2 weeks.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/injuri...ouis-cardinals
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-15-2020 at 11:03 AM.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I think it’s better for teams to play 9 inning games every day than a bunch of “off days” followed by a series of 7 day double hitters.

You best pitchers, presumably your 5 starters, will pitch less.

Plus, a number of players won’t play both games of double headers.

Now while the other team will be in the same boat, they likely won’t have to contend with a series of double headers like the Cards do.

i think you missed his sarcasm. he's basically saying he thinks this will be advantagous for the cardinals. now, will it actually be? we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

There are very few off days this season. No team will have a bunch of off days. And if there are a few, I think the players would much prefer to keep them.

The only teams unaffected by this are those in the Western divisions

Turn Off Ads?