Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals-Brewers game postponed due to Cardinals' players testing positive

Re: Cardinals-Brewers game postponed due to Cardinals' players testing positive

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The NBA bubble is in Florida. Not a bad choice today.
    Sarcasm?

https://www.fox13news.com/news/flori...gle-day-record

2. Turn Off Ads?

Concerning the bubble and other sports. They have had zero problems yet, but they haven’t started playing games yet. NBA started yesterday. Let’s see how the bubble works once the games are being played before concluding it is the answer.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The NBA bubble is in Florida. Not a bad choice today.
    MLB would have needed three bubbles -- one for the east, one for the central and one for the west. would that have been doable? it's debatable. but it would have been better than the current solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Concerning the bubble and other sports. They have had zero problems yet, but they haven’t started playing games yet. NBA started yesterday. Let’s see how the bubble works once the games are being played before concluding it is the answer.
    MLS has played an entire tournament in a bubble without any issues.

5. Likes:

757690 (07-31-2020),DocRed (07-31-2020),Revering4Blue (07-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Isn’t MLB placing Covid Monitors with each team to make sure they are following protocol? A bunch of Fred Garvin’s running around trying to stop grown man babies from being sensible in their behaviors.
    You can be completely sensible and still get it.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    .....but this is still obviously very bad news.......
    Well, that's open to debate I would imagine LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    he meant the bubble itself is a good idea, not that having it in florida is a good idea. that being said, NBA has had zero positive tests so far, so they are doing quite well. i'm sure adam silver would have picked a different location if he could do it over again. but so far, so good at the disney bubble.

9. Likes:

DocRed (07-31-2020),Revering4Blue (07-31-2020)

MLB would have needed three bubbles -- one for the east, one for the central and one for the west. would that have been doable? it's debatable. but it would have been better than the current solution.
    The only tricky part would have been where do they play the games? Maybe baseball complexes instead of stadiums, though many large cities have a healthy mix of minor league, indy, college and municipal stadiums in their metro area. The NHL is doing its bubble in Toronto. You don't have to be inside of a resort.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Dirty birds
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

12. Likes:

DocRed (07-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The only tricky part would have been where do they play the games? Maybe baseball complexes instead of stadiums, though many large cities have a healthy mix of minor league, indy, college and municipal stadiums in their metro area. The NHL is doing its bubble in Toronto. You don't have to be inside of a resort.
    columbus ohio and many other areas like it could have been a good "bubble" for the central teams. the clippers' park downtown is very nice and is often considered the best in AAA. that would be the main park teams would use. then ohio state has a decent stadium for a college team (at least for a college team from the north -- the southern college teams have legit stadiums).

Worth The Wait

I said this in the other thread but I think it bears repeating: Cancelling the season only makes things “safer” if the players then go about their personal business in a quarantine-like manner. Given their age, health, and lifestyle (for the majority) I think we are all being insanely naive to believe that if the season is cancelled players will go home and follow all of the protocols on their own and totally avoid any risky choices. As a matter of fact I’d argue there might be MORE risk once they leave the current protocols, testing, and peer pressure of playing.

15. Likes:

BoxingRed (08-02-2020),Goose (07-31-2020),sjjones (07-31-2020)

with our luck, the reds will win like 10 straight games ... then the season will get called off.
    I think more that MLB will split the season into two 30 games mini-mini-seasons. The Reds will end up 1/2 game out in each one because of cancellations and miss the playoffs
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

17. Likes:

757690 (07-31-2020),919191 (08-02-2020),bm1475 (07-31-2020),klw (07-31-2020),KYExtemper (08-01-2020),Phoenix2 (07-31-2020),PuffyPig (07-31-2020),Revering4Blue (07-31-2020),StRedlegs900 (07-31-2020),texasdave (07-31-2020),westofyou (07-31-2020)

Gonna be a tough day for Chris Carpenter and his son.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

19. Likes:

CySeymour (07-31-2020),Phoenix2 (07-31-2020),vaticanplum (07-31-2020)

2 pitchers and Mikolas already out....not good for them

Arizona was an initial bubble proposal because of all the facilities and infrastructure to accommodate all teams. But its July and its crazy hot in the Phoenix area. Plus its a hot spot for Covid so its good the bubble is not here in Phoenix. Much the same for Florida. I give MLB and the players a pass on the bubble idea as it was too hard to predict the best place(s).

22. Likes:

Chip R (07-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I said this in the other thread but I think it bears repeating: Cancelling the season only makes things “safer” if the players then go about their personal business in a quarantine-like manner. Given their age, health, and lifestyle (for the majority) I think we are all being insanely naive to believe that if the season is cancelled players will go home and follow all of the protocols on their own and totally avoid any risky choices. As a matter of fact I’d argue there might be MORE risk once they leave the current protocols, testing, and peer pressure of playing.
    I don't know about that. Sure, every player wouldn't sit at home all day. But there wouldn't be 30 teams traveling around, cramped in a clubhouse, staying in hotels on the road with 50 other players, coaches, and staff. And then taking all that exposure back into their homes. I'm not suggesting the season should be shut down at this point, but I think it's hard to argue there's less risk by playing this season.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

24. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-31-2020)

Turn Off Ads?