Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Davidson activated, Miley to IL and Bowman to 45 IL

Re: Davidson activated, Miley to IL and Bowman to 45 IL

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The Reds have 11 position players with regular roles. The have 3 OF, 4 IF and platoons at C and DH. Add Farmer as IF back-up and 3rd catcher and keep Aquino. Get rid of the rest. If they keep anyone else, they need a lefty bat so probably JVM but I wish they had some one better. The best way to improve the roster is to limit the scrubs on the field. Scrubs on the roster eventually means scrubs in the line-up. Just move them to the alternate site.
    Reds aren’t buying this. This would mean 16-17 pitchers. They’d rather have a couple extra position players with particular skills for particular situations.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-31-2020 at 05:40 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds aren’t buying this. This would mean 16-17 pitchers. They’d rather have a couple extra position players with particular skills for particular situations. Call them scrubs if you want, won’t change the result.
    I'd cut the extra pitchers too. They can have stuff at the alternate site and on the taxi squad if they need it. The extra roster spots are just roster clutter who we don't want in there. 13 Positions and 13 pitchers. If somebody goes down, then add a scrub as end of the bench emergency guy or mop-up pitcher. Until then, I wouldn't give any playing time to any of them.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'd cut the extra pitchers too. They can have stuff at the alternate site and on the taxi squad if they need it. The extra roster spots are just roster clutter who we don't want in there. 13 Positions and 13 pitchers. If somebody goes down, then add a scrub as end of the bench emergency guy or mop-up pitcher. Until then, I wouldn't give any playing time to any of them.
    I’m unaware that any team is keeping fewer than 30 on their roster. Unless they have a sudden absence due to the virus.

As long as the main players are healthy, I don’t see the problem with a few extra bench guys.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-31-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Because he sucks and he has a dangerous attitude about covid that could spread it to other players if he actually does end up getting it.
    He doesnt suck hitting lefty pitching and now he should be a living reminder of what getting lazy can do to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I’m unaware that any team is keeping fewer than 30 on their roster. Unless they have a sudden absence due to the virus.

As long as the main players are healthy, I don’t see the problem with a few extra bench guys.
    Let other teams give playing time to these scrubs. Scrubs on the roster = scrubs in the game. The Reds went out, finally, and added some significant players so they wouldn't need scrubs.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    There is no use for Davidson at all, guys like JVM, Ervin and Aquino should be ahead of him in the pecking order for any role I could think of. And like mth mentions, I'd rather have an extra reliever to throw at the wall than a bat.

Also, he's kind of an idiot.
    He was a beast last year vs. LH pitching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    He was a beast last year vs. LH pitching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He was in the minors last year.

He has a career .798 OPS vs. LHP. Aquino has a career .854 OPS vs. LHP.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

Career including minors or just majors?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Career including minors or just majors?
    Only majors. I really don’t care what anyone does against minor league pitching.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Only majors. I really don’t care what anyone does against minor league pitching.
    Ok.

Just to be clear, though, When you are talking about that Aquino OPS against LHP you are talking a sample of 57 plate appearances. 287 for Davidson. Both small sample sizes. Davidson’s last season in the majors (2018) he had twice as many PAs against LHP than Aquino had had in his career and had a .882 OPS against. Just adding a little context to the small sample size fun.

For the record, I think Davidson stinks.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 07-31-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

757690 (07-31-2020),Ron Madden (07-31-2020),Tom Servo (07-31-2020)

C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent

Matt Davidson said he felt like the whole city of Cincinnati "hates me" after the losses. But also that all tests after the rapid test were negative, including antibody test
    Nobody hates him. We just think he's history's greatest monster.

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-01-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-01-2020)

Think he's talking about 2018 his last year in the majors. .882 OPS vs LHP

Turn Off Ads?