2. Likes:

MR X (08-01-2020),REDREAD (07-31-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dick Williams Needs To Resign

Name:  plz-stop-post.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  32.8 KB

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-01-2020),Chip R (08-03-2020),EnglishRed (08-04-2020),Griffey012 (08-01-2020),HammerTime (08-01-2020),JarrodOnVinyl (08-03-2020),JaxRed (07-31-2020),marcshoe (08-03-2020),MikeS21 (08-01-2020),OesterPoster (08-03-2020),OGB (08-03-2020),Patrick Bateman (07-31-2020),Powel Crosley (07-31-2020),Rdirtypirates (07-31-2020),RedsManRick (08-01-2020),RiverRat13 (08-03-2020),SunDeck (08-01-2020),TheBigLebowski (08-30-2020)

Really?

He has shown absolutely no results since taking over. This team blows.

The only reason he has the job is because of nepotism. This is complete bull****.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

JFC, it’s the 6th game of the most F’d up season ever and every inning that’s isn’t win generates a call for termination of a job

It’s pathetic

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-01-2020),Bacon (08-04-2020),bubbachunk (08-02-2020),CaiGuy (08-02-2020),Chip R (08-03-2020),GAC (08-01-2020),Griffey012 (08-01-2020),HammerTime (08-01-2020),JarrodOnVinyl (08-03-2020),Kilgore_Trout (07-31-2020),marcshoe (08-03-2020),MikeS21 (08-01-2020),OesterPoster (08-03-2020),OGB (08-03-2020),Patrick Bateman (07-31-2020),Plus Plus (08-03-2020),Rdirtypirates (07-31-2020),RedsBaron (08-01-2020),RiverRat13 (08-03-2020),savafan (08-01-2020),SirFelixCat (07-31-2020),Stingray (08-01-2020),SunDeck (08-01-2020),wolfboy (07-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Really?

He has shown absolutely no results since taking over. This team blows.

The only reason he has the job is because of nepotism. This is complete bull****.
    Castillo gives up 5 vs tigers
    Shogo, votto, Suarez, moose go 0-16

Yep, fire Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

10. Likes:

Bacon (08-04-2020),SirFelixCat (07-31-2020),SunDeck (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Castillo gives up 5 vs tigers
    Shogo, votto, Suarez, moose go 0-16

Yep, fire Williams.

Lost 3 of 4 against one of the worst teams in the history of professional baseball. Has never fielded a winning team.

At what point does Williams get held accountable? Honest question. This team is going nowhere this year.

Seriously, if the reds miss the postseason (when 16 teams make it!) and if they have a losing record why is Williams not held accountable?

This bullpen has been a dumpster fire. Idiots like me have been saying for 2 years Iglesias is toast. How does Williams not see that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    JFC, it’s the 6th game of the most F’d up season ever and every inning that’s isn’t win generates a call for termination of a job

It’s pathetic
    7 games, 4 of which against one of the worst teams in the history of professional baseball.

I get it, baseball is so much fun! Yippee! I am simply exhausted following a team that can’t put a winning team on the field. It’s ****ing exhausting.

This is where you tell me to watch other teams. I wasn’t raised watching other teams.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 07-31-2020 at 09:53 PM.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (07-31-2020),RedsFanInMS (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

It’s pathetic
    Totally. Baseball generally needs like 200 games to really sort through luck and noise. It’s how the game works and has ups and downs including bad performance for stretches that don’t define teams over the long haul.

Yes, it sucks super hard we got off to a bad start in a 60 game season. But just because it’s 60 games doesn’t change the dynamic of how baseball results happen, and doesn’t allow the gm to control results on a day to day basis.

Get the emotions out. I get that. But can we at least pretend to analyze this stuff with some level of credibility?

14. Likes:

SunDeck (08-01-2020),westofyou (07-31-2020),wheels (08-02-2020)

Totally. Baseball generally needs like 200 games to really sort through luck and noise. It’s how the game works and has ups and downs including bad performance for stretches that don’t define teams over the long haul.

Yes, it sucks super hard we got off to a bad start in a 60 game season. But just because it’s 60 games doesn’t change the dynamic of how baseball results happen, and doesn’t allow the gm to control results on a day to day basis.

Get the emotions out. I get that. But can we at least pretend to analyze this stuff with some level of credibility?

This is not Dick’s first year in charge.

Has never put a winning team on the field. I mean above .500. Not once.

16. Likes:

Yeah, let’s just continue having the son of the owner field 70 win teams every year for the next 25 years until he decides to retire. Great. Wonderful.

18. Likes:

Crumbley (08-01-2020),REDREAD (07-31-2020),RedsFanInMS (08-01-2020)

I don’t know what the answer is. Maybe Williams is not done with the rebuild. But I agree that this organization in general is extremely weak on accountability. I too wonder how many more seasons before the organization gets a different set of eyes.

20. Likes:

This bullpen has been a dumpster fire. Idiots like me have been saying for 2 years Iglesias is toast. How does Williams not see that?

Ok, so Rasiel has a contract, for multiple years and getting paid real money. Although he’s not living up to it, he’s been at worst, an average reliever each of the last two years.

What would you like Dick to do? He deserves a roster spot. He isn’t in charge of his usage.

He would be replaced with some bum, or would require real assets to upgrade. Reds put their resources into the lineup, namely moose and nick, whom have been positive contributors so far.

Like your comments don’t even make sense.

22. Likes:

Griffey012 (08-01-2020)

Ok, so Rasiel has a contract, for multiple years and getting paid real money. Although he’s not living up to it, he’s been at worst, an average reliever each of the last two years.

What would you like Dick to do? He deserves a roster spot. He isn’t in charge of his usage.

He would be replaced with some bum, or would require real assets to upgrade. Reds put their resources into the lineup, namely moose and nick, whom have been positive contributors so far.

Like your comments don’t even make sense.

Well run teams don’t keep throwing players out there who continue to fail in high leverage situations. He doesn’t have control of useage? What? Of course he does...

“Hey manager, stop pitching Iglesias in high leverage situations.”

But, honestly, he has to because this bullpen does not have one, and I mean literally ONE, good reliever. It doesn’t matter who Bell uses. You cannot tell me this bullpen is not on Williams.

Yeah, let’s just continue having the son of the owner field 70 win teams every year for the next 25 years until he decides to retire. Great. Wonderful.
    This isn’t the suggestion by anyone.

The suggestion is that 7 games during a pandemic of what looks like a pretty good roster is an extremely poor accountability metric that you have chosen.

As far as the past, there was a rebuild portion of his tenure where he inherited a bad organization from Walt, and has been building up to this year. It’s a roster with newly injected resources, pitching development vision, coaching staffs, etc. What we have today shouldn’t be lumped in with stuff from 3-5 years ago that has been actively replaced and transitioned.

If the reds were to perform poorly under the vision he has built up for 200 odd games we can talk about it and you might have some credible points. But 7 games? For real?

25. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (08-01-2020)

This isn’t the suggestion by anyone.

The suggestion is that 7 games during a pandemic of what looks like a pretty good roster is an extremely poor accountability metric that you have chosen.

As far as the past, there was a rebuild portion of his tenure where he inherited a bad organization from Walt, and has been building up to this year. It’s a roster with newly injected resources, pitching development vision, coaching staffs, etc. What we have today shouldn’t be lumped in with stuff from 3-5 years ago that has been actively replaced and transitioned.

If the reds were to perform poorly under the vision he has built up for 200 odd games we can talk about it and you might have some credible points. But 7 games? For real?

Agree. All good points.

But the bullpen is lousy and it was predictable.

27. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-01-2020),REDREAD (07-31-2020)

Well run teams don’t keep throwing players out there who continue to fail in high leverage situations. He doesn’t have control of useage? What? Of course he does...

“Hey manager, stop pitching Iglesias in high leverage situations.”

But, honestly, he has to because this bullpen does not have one, and I mean literally ONE, good reliever. It doesn’t matter who Bell uses. You cannot tell me this bullpen is not on Williams.
    Since when is down 3 runs in the 9th a high leverage situation? The game was basically over. I saw that as a soft opportunity to get some work in and try to get the dude back on track.

I’m also not convinced this bullpen is trash yet. Yes, it is on him, but coming into the season most analytic sites had them ranked above average despite missing that one real relief ace. No question tells performance from the group has been terrible to this point.

Turn Off Ads?