Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Tigers 8-1-20

Re: Reds @ Tigers 8-1-20

Funky season.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

what a bunch of clowns. there is a window to play tonight. it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. so the solution is to schedule a doubleheader for tomorrow?

2020 can go eff itself.

4. Likes:

DocRed (08-01-2020),Rantly (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    As Ernie Banks might say. Lets play one and a half.
    With seven-inning contests, Wilbur Wood could pitch a tripleheader.

6. Likes:

mth123 (08-01-2020)

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I skipped high school one day to go to a minor league double-header w my friend and I showed up thinking we were going to watch a 9 Inning game the closer comes in in the seventh inning or something like that and we didn't know what was going on and then after the final out for what turned out to be the final both teams walked off the field and didnt come back on the field we didn't know what was going on

Hmm no rain in Detroit right now and until at least midnight....

Seriously, why did they call the game for the day so early. There is no crowd to be concerned about. Not like these ball players have anything planned at this time, this is when they were supposed to play and with this Pandemic they are all just bored in their hotel rooms.

10. Likes:

DocRed (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    Seriously, why did they call the game for the day so early. There is no crowd to be concerned about. Not like these ball players have anything planned at this time, this is when they were supposed to play and with this Pandemic they are all just bored in their hotel rooms.
    Well I believe the home manager gets to call it, so I would assume Gardenhire for some reason felt they have a better chance in a double header tomorrow.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that neither team wanted to play this weekend in the rain, with the possibility that the season would be suspended on Monday. Why risk injury if you’re not even sure the games will count?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that neither team wanted to play this weekend in the rain, with the possibility that the season would be suspended on Monday. Why risk injury if you’re not even sure the games will count?
    Could be, crazy times

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Maddening! Are any baseball players or Coaches or Staffers in the hospital with COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    We could only be so lucky

So did they just move the game up during the rain to call it? Radar looks great right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    So did they just move the game up during the rain to call it? Radar looks great right now.
    I think it was a conspiracy to get in two game results by only playing 14 innings, maybe less if one of the 2 games tomorrow is an official result with less than 7 innings. To add cover to the conspiracy, they had the starters go ahead and warm up. I would have thought they would get the teams to the ballpark early so they could sit and pick their best window, and then if they couldn't get the game in, they could carryover what they did play to tomorrow.
    Last edited by mhs95_06; 08-01-2020 at 08:29 PM.

18. Likes:

Stray (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Hmm no rain in Detroit right now and until at least midnight....
    anyone who looked at the radar could see there was a window to get the game in tonight. what a major fuggery.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    I think it was a conspiracy to get in two game results by only playing 14 innings, maybe less if one of the 2 games tomorrow is an official result with less than 7 innings. To add cover to the conspiracy, they had the starters go ahead and warm up. I would have thought they would get the teams to the ballpark early so they could sit and pick their best window, and then if they couldn't get the game in, they could carryover what they did play to tomorrow.
    Maybe I shouldn't complain because 7 inning games means I get to watch less of our bullpen haha

Turn Off Ads?