Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Thom.......

Re: Thom.......

Oh Doctor!, he is rock solid, right here and right now, you can ask anybody,when it comes down to it. That Jim Day is such good buddies with Joey Votto and Suarez, my oh my!

2. Likes:

CySeymour (08-08-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

"Jim you keep in touch with a lot of these ex-players. That one guy who had a cup of coffee here, 15 years ago. What's he up to these days?"
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I believe Thom is a little jealous that Jim Day has made friends with the players.
    Or that he actually has friends for that matter.

"I'd like to apologize for declaring myself dead during last night's broadcast. As you can hear, I am indeed alive. My sincerest apologies to the Brennaman family"

www.TheMagGuy.com

Thom can be annoying at times but he’s a good commentator over all and has a great voice for it. He also has a much better and friendlier personality than his dad. I do know one thing...sitting here watching the Yankees @ Rays game, I’m reminded HOW BAD the Reds flopped when it came to this rebuild. This is def right about that. Such a shame how we just gave away Cueto, Frazier, Chapman, Latos, and Leake. The Rays got both Glasgow AND Meadows for Chris freakin Archer and all we got left to show for Cueto is Cody Reed lol. The Yankees get Gleyber Torres for Chapman and we got Casey Cotham . Unreal. Adam Duval was a lucky “throw in” in the Leake deal. At least we got Disco for Latos I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegsFanatic View Post
    At least we got Disco for Latos I guess.
    Suarez for Simon was a real steal. Castillo for Straily has worked out, wouldn't you say?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

www.TheMagGuy.com

Yes those 2 trades have worked out great. But both were lucky in my opinion. Neither Suarez or Castillo were proven at all. Shots in the dark hoping they pan out. Peraza for Frazier is another bust. When u trade away all star talent you should get a lot more back. And they bundled almost every single one.

www.TheMagGuy.com

Yes those 2 trades have worked out great. But both were lucky in my opinion. Neither Suarez or Castillo were proven at all. Shots in the dark hoping they pan out. Peraza for Frazier is another bust. When u trade away all star talent you should get a lot more back. And they bundled almost every single one.

How do we get Casey Cotham for the best closer in the game, but the Yankees get the Cubs #1 prospect in Torres? How exactly does that happen?

www.TheMagGuy.com

Thom can be annoying at times but he’s a good commentator over all and has a great voice for it. He also has a much better and friendlier personality than his dad. I do know one thing...sitting here watching the Yankees @ Rays game, I’m reminded HOW BAD the Reds flopped when it came to this rebuild. Thom is def right about that. Such a shame how we just gave away Cueto, Frazier, Chapman, Latos, and Leake. The Rays got both Glasgow AND Meadows for Chris freakin Archer and all we got left to show for Cueto is Cody Reed lol. The Yankees get Gleyber Torres for Chapman and we got Casey Cotham . Unreal. Adam Duval was a lucky “throw in” in the Leake deal. At least we got Disco for Latos I guess.

shed long for sonny gray wasn't too shabby.

the chapman trade is arguably the worst in baseball history, especially considering the yankees turned around 3 months later and flipped him for gleyber torres. if the reds didn't panic, they would have torres right now instead of the bag of baseballs they got for chapman.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    shed long for sonny gray wasn't too shabby.

the chapman trade is arguably the worst in baseball history, especially considering the yankees turned around 3 months later and flipped him for gleyber torres. if the reds didn't panic, they would have torres right now instead of the bag of baseballs they got for chapman.
    It's not even remotely close to the worst in baseball history. It's not even the worst trade made involving the Reds in the last DECADE.

The Marlins traded Luis Castillo for Dan Straily.
    The Tigers traded Eugenio Suarez (and a former #1 draft pick) for the bloated corpse of Alfredo Simon.

The Reds traded a reliever, granted a VERY good one, in a deal that turned out to be pretty crappy. But they traded a reliever.

The Tigers traded John Smoltz for 1 year and 2 months of Doyle Alexander.
    The Red Sox traded Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson.

You want to talk about current deals looking atrocious in this league? Fernando Tatis Jr was traded, along with another player, for James Shields.

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

www.TheMagGuy.com

Not really... Gray didn’t have a lot of value. He was coming off a horrible season in New York but was still going to get paid pretty good in free agency. Not to mention his last 3 seasons in Oakland weren’t anything to write home to mom about. Shed is producing in Seattle, and we paid a lot of $$ to keep Sonny more than the 1 season. That trade was pretty much a wash. No real gain. I love Sonny tho.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Not really... Gray didn’t have a lot of value. He was coming off a horrible season in New York but was still going to get paid pretty good in free agency. Not to mention his last 3 seasons in Oakland weren’t anything to write home to mom about. Shed is producing in Seattle, and we paid a lot of $$ to keep Sonny more than the 1 season. That trade was pretty much a wash. No real gain. I love Sonny tho.

Uh, what?

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

www.TheMagGuy.com

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's not even remotely close to the worst in baseball history. It's not even the worst trade made involving the Reds in the last DECADE.

The Marlins traded Luis Castillo for Dan Straily.
    The Tigers traded Eugenio Suarez (and a former #1 draft pick) for the bloated corpse of Alfredo Simon.

The Reds traded a reliever, granted a VERY good one, in a deal that turned out to be pretty crappy. But they traded a reliever.

The Tigers traded John Smoltz for 1 year and 2 months of Doyle Alexander.
    The Red Sox traded Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson.

You want to talk about current deals looking atrocious in this league? Fernando Tatis Jr was traded, along with another player, for James Shields.
    I seen a YouTube video about the worst trades in past 20 years and #1 was the Tatis Jr deal

www.TheMagGuy.com

I seen a YouTube video the other day about the worst trades in past 20 years and #1 was the Tatis Jr deal

Turn Off Ads?