Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Thom.......

Re: Thom.......

I like Thom saying the catchphrase.

2. Likes:

Kilgore_Trout (08-08-2020),OGB (08-12-2020),Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    www.TheMagGuy.com

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    One of if not the best Contract is baseball right now.
    I agree 100%
    But it wasn’t at the time.
    Some of our so called “experts” even thought Sonny was pretty done and might not even finish out the contract. I’m very happy they were wrong. But hey... This is Cincinnati. Where starting pitchers get $50 million per no hitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.TheMagGuy.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegsFanatic View Post
    I agree 100%
    But it wasn’t at the time.
    Some of our so called “experts” even thought Sonny was pretty done and might not even finish out the contract. I’m very happy they were wrong. But hey... This is Cincinnati. Where starting pitchers get $50 million per no hitter.

The Reds took a big chance on Gray.
    Chances small market teams have to take to be competitive I guess.

www.TheMagGuy.com

The decision to give Cueto’s money to Homer instead will haunt me til the day I leave this earth. That 1 decision set the Reds back 5-10 years.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (08-20-2020)

www.TheMagGuy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    It doesn't bother me at all, I'm usually just happy about the Reds Win
    I kinda like it too. I could def get used to it. Even if just for the fact if he is using it that means we won!

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    What do you guys think about Thom recycling his father’s catchphrase? Looks like it might be here to stay.

I rolled my eyes the first couple times, but it’s kind of sweet in a way. Paying homage to his old man. I can respect that.

A part of me wonders if Marty nudged him to do it, though.
    I like it. If you recall, Joe Nuxhall would use the catchphrase if the Reds won when Joe was on the mic for play-by-play in even-numbered extra innings. At the beginning of Jim Kelch's tenure with the club filling in for Marty on his nights off, Kelch would exclaim, "And, in the words of the Hall of Famer, this one belongs to the Reds." For some reason Kelch stopped using the phrase at some point before he was let go.

Marty did say on Thom's podcast last week that he watches and listens to the games on television and radio anytime he is home while a game is taking place. No discussion of the catchphrase took place on the podcast.

I was listening on radio tonight as the game ended and it just feels like something is missing when Tommy Thrall calls the end of the game. I also miss Marty's sign off "In a game that took three hours and fifteen minutes to play, thirty thousand seventy-four turn out to watch the Reds beat the Cubs ten to seven..."

11. Likes:

Kilgore_Trout (08-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    What do you guys think about Thom recycling his father’s catchphrase? Looks like it might be here to stay.

I rolled my eyes the first couple times, but it’s kind of sweet in a way. Paying homage to his old man. I can respect that.

A part of me wonders if Marty nudged him to do it, though.
    I have no problem with it. If anyone has a right to use it, it's Thom.

13. Likes:

Always Red (08-09-2020),Gunner44 (08-11-2020),Kilgore_Trout (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by jhc2010 View Post
    I also miss Marty's sign off "In a game that took three hours and fifteen minutes to play, thirty thousand seventy-four turn out to watch the Reds beat the Cubs ten to seven..."
    ...good night, everyone...

Love that one. My other favorite is starting the game with, "If you're ready now, the starting lineups first for the visiting Cubs."
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

1. I don't understand how Sonny Gray's contract became part of this thread

2. I certainly did not expect that conversation to show up on my Twitter timeline when C. Trent Rosecrans liked a tweet from Doug Gray wherein he was making fun of the post about Sonny Gray

Now I'm posting about that tweet that was about that conversation on here so that the circle can be complete.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    1. I don't understand how Sonny Gray's contract became part of this thread

2. I certainly did not expect that conversation to show up on my Twitter timeline when C. Trent Rosecrans liked a tweet from Doug Gray wherein he was making fun of the post about Sonny Gray

Now I'm posting about that tweet that was about that conversation on here so that the circle can be complete.
    The circle is perfect.

Following tonight's post-game on-field interview with Joey Votto after his walk-off hit, Thom exclaims "And this one belo... [CUT TO COMMERCIAL]" Gotta love the production values of FOX Sports Ohio, the lowest in professional sports. They've been cutting to commercial mid-sentence of Thom and Chris for years. Are they even aware this happens? How hard is it for someone to not press the 'go to commercial button' while the announcers are still speaking. I watch a lot of sports and these Reds broadcasts are the only ones on television that have this problem. Has this bothered anyone else or is it just me?

18. Likes:

Crumbley (08-12-2020)

Following tonight's post-game on-field interview with Joey Votto after his walk-off hit, Thom exclaims "And this one belo... [CUT TO COMMERCIAL]" Gotta love the production values of FOX Sports Ohio, the lowest in professional sports. They've been cutting to commercial mid-sentence of Thom and Chris for years. Are they even aware this happens? How hard is it for someone to not press the 'go to commercial button' while the announcers are still speaking. I watch a lot of sports and these Reds broadcasts are the only ones on television that have this problem. Has this bothered anyone else or is it just me?
    Thom never stops taking. They need to cut to commercial sometime.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

919191 (08-14-2020),Cursh14 (08-20-2020),dfs (08-11-2020),goldglover9 (08-12-2020),OesterPoster (08-20-2020),Tom Servo (08-11-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-11-2020)

FSO has the worst production in the business, has gone down even further under Sinclair's ownership. The broadcast has a slight screech over it all times, assuming their fake crowd audio technology sucks/is being used poorly.

22. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-12-2020),Revering4Blue (08-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    FSO has the worst production in the business, has gone down even further under Sinclair's ownership. The broadcast has a slight screech over it all times, assuming their fake crowd audio technology sucks/is being used poorly.
    It wouldn't be a Reds game without random, annoying, inexplicable sounds in the background.

24. Likes:

mth123 (08-12-2020),REDREAD (08-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    It wouldn't be a Reds game without random, annoying, inexplicable sounds in the background.
    Woo!!
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?