Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thom.......

Re: Thom.......

I personally enjoyed his 3 hour montage the other night on Niko Goodrum....

2. Likes:

cincinnati chili (08-05-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    The number of times he says he’s STUNNED by something is, well, stunning.
    "Can you believe that???"
    "Baseball is only dull to those with dull minds."

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I’ve always said Thom is much better suited to NFL games. His style is always based on heavy handed drama and baseball just isn’t that kind of game. So he tries to create drama in stentorian John Facenda-like tones and that doesn’t fit MLB baseball. Baseball drama is created by situational awareness and accurately commenting on that with insight and knowledge. And that isn’t Thom’s strength.
    Maybe if Thom had Facenda's vocabulary and his play-by-play was set to a rousing orchestral Sam Spence score, we'd be onto something.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Thom has been odd this year. He is infatuated with Nikko Goodrum and always points out Chris has a website.

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Thom has been odd this year. He is infatuated with Nikko Goodrum and always points out Chris has a website.
    This year????
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

REDREAD (08-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Don't forget about Thom's podcast!

And Chris mentioning that Jim Day also has a podcast, followed by Thom saying "yes, of course"

I'd like to hear a little more about where Kyle Schwarber is from. Don't keep it a secret!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

12. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-05-2020),HUHUH (08-12-2020),mgbrown66 (08-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    Irritable bowel syndrome?
    Spastic Colon.

I wonder if this universal disdain for Thom here isn’t universal in the general viewership. I don’t listen to him so I have an opinion. But this issue seems like only thing there’s real agreement on on this board.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (08-20-2020)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I'd like to hear a little more about where Kyle Schwarber is from. Don't keep it a secret!
    Isn’t it Centerville or Medianburg or something?

Have the Reds failed to get a bunt down yet? That's always good for about 40 minutes of bloviating.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I can't stand Thom, however, the barely hidden hostility between him and Welsh has quietly become one of my favorite things about the TV broadcasts. It's frankly gotten hilarious.

There was a beautiful one last night with Thom going on and on about Cody Reed pitching from both sides of the rubber. Finally Welsh was like..."I did that too."
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-05-2020),Crumbley (08-06-2020),NebraskaRed (08-05-2020),paintmered (08-05-2020),Tom Servo (08-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    Have the Reds failed to get a bunt down yet? That's always good for about 40 minutes of bloviating.
    On and on the other night and then the hitter singled and the runner scored from second base.

Crickets

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I wonder if this universal disdain for Thom here isn’t universal in the general viewership. I don’t listen to him so I have an opinion. But this issue seems like only thing there’s real agreement on on this board.
    I have friends who don't care one bit, they just don't see it. I have some other friends that are friends with his wife and say Thom is just peachy, my wife passed him walking one night in Terrace Park and was tempted to tell him how much I am bothered by him, but she texted me instead

This thread has the chance to go straight up in the air.

24. Likes:

Banshee (08-06-2020),NebraskaRed (08-05-2020)

Turn Off Ads?