Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: offense

Re: offense

Your main guys you really just have to stick with, but I think the bench needs major reshuffling. They're just giving you absolutely nothing. Give Aquino and Stephenson first dibs off the bench, maybe pick someone interesting up off the scrap heap.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Banshee (08-06-2020),Revering4Blue (08-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

It sure seems like since the midpoint of last season the league has figured Van Meter out...

5. Likes:

HammerTime (08-06-2020),Old school 1983 (08-06-2020),Revering4Blue (08-06-2020)

Reds aren’t hitting. Yet their dominant bat from last August is at Prasco. Let’s try AA in LF regularly.

I’d try Senzel, Votto, Cast, Moustakas when healthy, Suarez, Aquino, Winker, Galvis, Catcher.

Put Shogo on the bench as lead backup from the left side (with playing time). Trade Ervin or VM or Davidson or whomever to make room - one of the hitters who isn’t hitting.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-06-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds aren’t hitting. Yet their dominant bat from last August is at Prasco. Let’s try AA in LF regularly.

I’d try Senzel, Votto, Cast, Moustakas when healthy, Suarez, Aquino, Winker, Galvis, Catcher.

Put Shogo on the bench as lead backup from the left side (with playing time). Trade Ervin or VM or Davidson or whomever to make room - one of the hitters who isn’t hitting.
    Putting Matt Davidson on the block would be an extinction-level event for the GMs' email and phones. Too much demand for this guy for even the new 5G to accommodate.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

8. Likes:

Mitri (08-06-2020),Shoeless Jeff (08-06-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-06-2020)

Aquino needs to be the DH until he shows otherwise. The other guys doing it are not getting the job done. I’d call Stephenson up and make him the starter at C. I think Tucker and Casali are solid players, but Stephenson has the ability to be special IMO. At least let him bolster the bench and/or DH. Same with Garcia. I know there are years of control at stake, but Moose has been in and out of the line up, and the lineup isn’t the same without him. It’s not like Garcia would be getting anymore in the way of at bats or anything at Prasco as he would as an option on the MLB team. Davidson and Van Meter need to go to Prasco. I keep Jankowski around for speed and defense off the bench. With expanded rosters you have that luxury.

All of this is moot if the pen can’t get it done though. It’s brutal.

The real problem that nobody is talking about is..... Castellanos is selfishly hitting his home runs without anyone on base. Had he waited to hit his dongs when there were two or three people on base every time we wouldn't be having this conversation at all.

Dongs.

11. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (08-07-2020),mth123 (08-06-2020),Shoeless Jeff (08-06-2020),TheBigLebowski (08-06-2020)

van meter was a mirage and the reds fell for it. no one in baseball thought anything of van meter entering the 2019 season. then he mashes for 1-2 months in AAA with a juiced ball, and the reds were tricked into thinking he was good.

a cautious tale.

13. Likes:

DocRed (08-06-2020),mgbrown66 (08-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    The real problem that nobody is talking about is..... Castellanos is selfishly hitting his home runs without anyone on base. Had he waited to hit his dongs when there were two or three people on base every time we wouldn't be having this conversation at all.

Dongs.
    Dongs for nothing!

15. Likes:

mgbrown66 (08-06-2020),Revering4Blue (08-06-2020)

...has been offensive

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    van meter was a mirage and the reds fell for it. no one in baseball thought anything of van meter entering the 2019 season. then he mashes for 1-2 months in AAA with a juiced ball, and the reds were tricked into thinking he was good.

a cautious tale.
    Yes, he was fools gold. His cup of coffee in the big leagues could be over.

Man, this offense. Woof.

Never thought I'd miss Mike Moustakas so much.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I’d put Aquino in the lineup, call up Stephenson, maybe call up Garcia and see if he can’t spark something. They need a big jolt.

But for next year, man, they better hope Castellanos doesn’t opt out

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Man, this offense. Woof.

Never thought I'd miss Mike Moustakas so much.
    That contract is looking a little scary. He looks made of glass.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    That contract is looking a little scary. He looks made of glass.
    I mean most of the time he’s missed has been for covid precautions

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I mean most of the time he’s missed has been for covid precautions
    Not the recent most two

Turn Off Ads?