Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: offense

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: offense

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Not the recent most two
    I know he missed a game or whatever from the HBP, what else happened?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I know he missed a game or whatever from the HBP, what else happened?
    There was a night off for something post-rona scare. I don’t know what for.

Castellanos has about 47 more games as a Red. Maybe they sneak into a playoff series or two. Enjoy it folks.

5. Likes:

DocRed (08-06-2020)

..and I thought this offenses couldn't get any worse. Silly me

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Castellanos has about 47 more games as a Red. Maybe they sneak into a playoff series or two. Enjoy it folks.
    Good riddance, he’s helped but not that much.

They just completed a series where are they faced the #1 pitching staff right now in the major leagues.

Regardless of how many games are in the season, whether it's 60 or 162, it's still early. JMO. Hard for players to get in any kind of rhythm when your daily lineup is getting jerked around so much. Bell's to blame for that as well as players going on the IL.

I'm not opposed to analytics, but I think Bell thinks TOO MUCH. As best possible you need to go with a set lineup, and let these players built cohesiveness and gel as a unit. Get comfortable. There's a lot of talent on this offense and if he does that they'll work their way out of it.
    Last edited by GAC; 08-07-2020 at 02:51 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

mth123 (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    They just completed a series where are they faced the #1 pitching staff right now in the major leagues.

Regardless of how many games are in the season, whether it's 60 or 162, it's still early. JMO. Hard for players to get in any kind of rhythm when your daily lineup is getting jerked around so much. Bell's to blame for that as well as players going on the IL.

I'm not opposed to analytics, but I think Bell thinks TOO MUCH. As best possible you need to go with a set lineup, and let these players built cohesiveness and gel as a unit. Get comfortable. There's a lot of talent on this offense and if he does that they'll work their way out of it.
    Pretty sure Bell rolled out the same lineup for a week straight, other than Moustakas. Not sure what you are talking about.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-07-2020),Ron Madden (08-07-2020)

The Reds know how to hit, but they don't know how to win games. Winning games means not just hitting but when a shift is on, either bunting the other way or slapping at the ball to go the other way. Winning games means not getting picked off first base. Winning games means making meaningful contact when runners are on base to advance them.

Of course, giving up 13 runs doesn't help either.

13. Likes:

DocRed (08-07-2020)

Pretty sure Bell rolled out the same lineup for a week straight, other than Moustakas. Not sure what you are talking about.
    Bell seemed frenetic early, but agree with Mitri. Bell’s lineups and in-game changes have calmed down. It isn’t the problem now.

The problem now is a team slump made worse by a very impressive Indians pitching staff. These are all star pitchers and an impressive bullpen.

I’m don’t always agree with predictions based on stats, but the team BA is under .200. It’s going to recover and things will straighten out. Schedule becomes pretty favorable soon with Royals and Pirates.

We’re all disappointed but some of these number are so depressed that it’s going to get better. Hang in there.

15. Likes:

mth123 (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Schedule becomes pretty favorable soon with Royals and Pirates.
    It was supposed to be favorable with so many games against the Tigers and Cubs to start the season, yet this team was below .500 against thrm. Maybe the upcoming schedule is actually favorable for Pittsburgh and K.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Bell seemed frenetic early, but agree with Mitri. Bell’s lineups and in-game changes have calmed down. It isn’t the problem now.

The problem now is a team slump made worse by a very impressive Indians pitching staff. These are all star pitchers and an impressive bullpen.

I’m don’t always agree with predictions based on stats, but the team BA is under .200. It’s going to recover and things will straighten out. Schedule becomes pretty favorable soon with Royals and Pirates.

We’re all disappointed but some of these number are so depressed that it’s going to get better. Hang in there.
    Absolutely. Winker is an .850+ OPS against RHP. He's going to hit. Suarez is an MVP candidate. As long as the injury isn't lingering and hindering him, he's going to hit. Moustakas seems to be the on field leader of this team. He's missed time with a series of freak events, Covid exposure, HBP, and he'll be back in there regularly soon. Senzel has been crushing the ball but right at people. Those will start to fall. Votto seems better than he has since 2017. Casali/Barnhart has been very productive. Castellanos has been pretty darned good. That's a lot of offense once it starts clicking. I'm less certain of Akiyama and Galvis has had a history of making tons of outs, but overall, the offense should be fine over the long haul. They are three games under after losing three in a row to one of the best staffs in baseball. I'm usually the negative guy on here, but it's way to soon to write this offense off IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-07-2020)

Do you think teams will spend freely in the offseason? His best option will probably be to play out the contract.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

20. Likes:

marcshoe (08-07-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Do you think teams will spend freely in the offseason? His best option will probably be to play out the contract.
    Small & middle market teams will likely have to be more frugal, but the NYY of the world will always find money.

I am merely guessing, of course, but I think he bows out if he stays as productive as he has been this season in this "VERY LIMITED SAMPLE SIZE." He'll get paid by someone.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    No way not with so much uncertainty about the next CBA and possible strike/lockout.. Betts signed for below what he is worth IMO, the writing is on the wall.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

And Castellanos also isn’t Betts. The biggest name guys have never really stopped getting their money, the rest of the league not so much.

Having said that, if Cast does opt out, the Reds better pony up because he’ll be worth it at that point, and they’re still gonna desperately need the hitting.

Turn Off Ads?