Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 PGA Championship

2020 PGA Championship

Tiger about to tee off. It's on ESPN+ for those that have it. Not a bad deal for $4.99 a month really.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2020 PGA Championship

Tiger -1 thru one. Noticed he is +2800 this week....hmm

Tiger holes a 35 footer on 4 and is tied for first at -2

Tiger finished -2 3 shots back and tied for 18th currently. Not a bad round, gave one back on the second to last hole but still overall a nice day for him. Guessing he will be top 25 after the rounds are finished today.

Having not watched any of it or having any knowledge of the scores, I said to myself, "I bet Jason Day is leading". So, I check, and lo and behold, he is at 5-under.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

DocRed (08-06-2020)

Looks like Tiger will finish tied for 20. So weird watching live golf past 10pm...

My years in the Bay Area and I never went to that area...too close to the nude beach back then (mid-80's), and some things are better left not seen.

11. Likes:

DocRed (08-07-2020)

I'm pretty certain Day's going to win. He's really playing well the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    My years in the Bay Area and I never went to that area...too close to the nude beach back then (mid-80's), and some things are better left not seen.
    Where did you live? I lived in Walnut Creek for about 6 years myself. Also worked in San Ramon and Brentwood.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Where did you live? I lived in Walnut Creek for about 6 years myself. Also worked in San Ramon and Brentwood.
    Walnut Creek, Concord, Pleasant Hill from '83 to '87. Hooped at an outdoor court in Martinez. While working at BofA at the Sun Valley Mall as a teller (always with a full-time 2nd job) waiting to transfer to their computer programming department (expert in COBOL, with other language skills) saw what everyone made in the Bay Area and decided to transition from Computer Programming to Computer Sales. Did that for the next 20 years.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-07-2020 at 05:06 PM.

15. Likes:

DocRed (08-08-2020)

Money running with Day and Koepka this week. Day been really solid recently and if it’s a major, Brooks will be there. Getting a good run for my money so far.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-08-2020)

Bob Wischusen should never ever ever ever be in the booth for golf. Ever!
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I’m going with Xander, Day, Brooks, Fairway Jesus. In that order.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Walnut Creek, Concord, Pleasant Hill from '83 to '87. Hooped at an outdoor court in Martinez. While working at BofA at the Sun Valley Mall as a teller (always with a full-time 2nd job) waiting to transfer to their computer programming department (expert in COBOL, with other language skills) saw what everyone made in the Bay Area and decided to transition from Computer Programming to Computer Sales. Did that for the next 20 years.
    Wow you were right by me, just 2 decades earlier LOL. I worked at the Concord hospital too I forgot. Mt Diablo I think it was called.

Turn Off Ads?