Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Reds @ Cleveland 8-6-20

Re: Reds @ Cleveland 8-6-20

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
    Over under 20 wins for this team? I say under.
    Under. I'm going with 18-42

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    Under. I'm going with 18-42
    With that kind of winning percentage, that would make them a 48 or 49 win team in a full season depending on how you round it, ie the worst Reds team of all time. So uh, they aren’t that bad.

The Reds will be fine regardless. Sometimes, the pitcher is better or the umpire incompetent. We saw many pitches called as strikes or balls that were obviously outside the trike box. We also saw Indian pitchers pitching on the edge of the box and getting favorable results. it all evens out over a 162-game season, but we don't have that. This season really means nothing. It doesn't mean the Reds suck. Enjoy that we have baseball. And don't swing at those sliders.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    With that kind of winning percentage, that would make them a 48 or 49 win team in a full season depending on how you round it, ie the worst Reds team of all time. So uh, they aren’t that bad.
    I dunno about worst in team history, but they're likely a bottom 5 team in MLB this year. They don't really have to be the worst team in Reds history to run off a terrible record like that though. In a shortened season, they just have to go through a prolonged rough spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    I dunno about worst in team history, but they're likely a bottom 5 team in MLB this year. They don't really have to be the worst team in Reds history to run off a terrible record like that though. In a shortened season, they just have to go through a prolonged rough spell.
    No, they are not a bottom 5 team in MLB.. No way.
    Worst teams: Miami, Pittsburg, Royals, Orioles, and Tigers.
    To make your case, you would have to argue the Reds are worse than one of those 5 teams. Good luck.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    To make your case, you would have to argue the Reds are worse than one of those 5 teams. Good luck.
    Think the argument needs to be more focussed on where this team should be. Pound for pound we are better than those 5 by a long way. At the moment we're playing like we belong on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    Think the argument needs to be more focussed on where this team should be. Pound for pound we are better than those 5 by a long way. At the moment we're playing like we belong on that list.
    I agree the offense is underachieving now, and the bullpen is a mess.
    With that said, we are only 1.5 games behind the Brewers for second place, which is good enough to make the playoffs this year.
    So in spite of the bad start, we are still contending, because the Cubs are the only NL Central team that got off to a good start.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Well, 3 of those teams have better records than the Reds. 1 of them is in first place and has only lost 1 game.

Still want to argue that the Reds are better than ANY of these teams? Much less all of them?...I stand by my statement. Bottom 5.

Turn Off Ads?