Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 8-7-20

Re: Reds @ Brewers 8-7-20

My guess is Jesse feels like he's close. He's had some good at bats the last few games, and pleaded to get a chance vs. a LHP.

2. Likes:

Kc61 (08-07-2020),Ron Madden (08-07-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Apparently Bell is going with reverse psychology on the lineup.

5. Likes:

Mitri (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I think some of these guys need mental breaks, too. Travel these days is stressful. The offense has been pressing. I don't know how you complain about this lineup after watching the last 4 games. But yeah, get Aquino back on the team. It's borderline criminal.

Any word on Moustakas?
    I get the “mental break” part of the equation, but can’t stand the thought of a (on paper) negligibly competitive lineup to start off the series against a divisional rival. Especially with Bauer pitching. Didn’t we do this to him last start? Any chance that takes a mental toll on Bauer, going up twice in a row with a meh lineup backing you up? It paid off last time if I’m remembering correctly, but I’m just not feeling it tonight.

Maybe I’ll watch Knives Out with the wife. She keeps telling me she wants to see it. It’s free on Amazon, so this is as good a time as ever I suppose.
    I've got my pride, I drink my wine

7. Likes:

REDREAD (08-07-2020)

My guess is Jesse feels like he's close. He's had some good at bats the last few games, and pleaded to get a chance vs. a LHP.
    I guess he could have used Votto as the DH tonight. Given him a partial rest. He’s better against LHP than Winker normally. Agree Bell may think Jesse is getting hot.

Maybe Bell will explain that one wrinkle. Otherwise it’s just righties againt a lefty starting pitcher, nothing that unusual or exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Winker gets a start against the LHP tonight though, weirdly
    Winker's been on fire lately. His batting average is all the way up to. 188.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    I just can’t stop looking at that lineup. This is supposed to be a team that’s expected to compete, and career minor leaguer Matt Davidson is batting cleanup. Not even the Marlins or Pirates would do that.

This is the kind of lineup only a man with absolutely no pressure whatsoever can dream up.
    Yes, and this is a game that has playoff implications too.
    Brewers are ahead of us in the standings, not by much, but still ahead.
    Bell is not managing this like a 60 game sprint at all.
    At least get the team above 500 before you start to relax and give the bench players so much playing time.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

11. Likes:

MrRedSkull (08-07-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

There is the thing mentioned earlier in the thread about lefties hitting this guy better than righties, so that’s good for Winker, but if that were Bell’s rationale I don’t think he would’ve stacked the lineup with right handers

13. Likes:

Kilgore_Trout (08-07-2020),mhs95_06 (08-07-2020),REDREAD (08-07-2020)

Painful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I can’t imagine Joey needs a day off again, he just got one earlier in the week with the covid precautions thing

16. Likes:

mth123 (08-07-2020),REDREAD (08-07-2020)

The only guys sitting are Shogo, Galvis, Barnhart, no powerhouse. Only real issue is Votto.

Assume we will hear something about why Votto isn’t playing.

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-07-2020)

Weird lineup aside, I think they win this one.

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

Sure would be nice to have Ty Steve on the roster for games like tonight

22. Likes:

REDREAD (08-07-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Winker hits like .0000075 against lefties. You find a way to get that bat in the lineup.

As for Davidson, he’s probably just being kept limber in betwixt relief appearances.

GO CINCINNATI REDS BASEBALL
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

24. Likes:

Jomama (08-07-2020),malcontent (08-07-2020),mgbrown66 (08-07-2020),MrRedSkull (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    I just can’t stop looking at that lineup. This is supposed to be a team that’s expected to compete, and career minor leaguer Matt Davidson is batting cleanup. Not even the Marlins or Pirates would do that.

This is the kind of lineup only a man with absolutely no pressure whatsoever can dream up.
    The Fish are 6-1....we shant speak lowly of them

And if so the lefty righty thing is more moot. When a hitter is going and feeling confident....they don’t care if it’s a lefty or righty throwing to them

27. Likes:

mhs95_06 (08-07-2020)

Turn Off Ads?