Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Senzel

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Nick Senzel

It's been said that staying healthy is a skill.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    It's been said that staying healthy is a skill.
    Health is the sixth tool. My take is he’s fragile, yet his ceiling and cost make me want him to prove me wrong. Personally I’ve been turned off the slamming or fretting about a players health since ED was pummeled.

So he’s fragile, do we want at least some Grady Sizemore seasons from him or look elsewhere? It’s hard to gauge health as norm in a short season, someone must be trying to though.

4. Likes:

bm1475 (08-08-2020),CrackerJack (08-09-2020),Edd Roush (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    what
    The sleeve and the fetus face is a funny combination

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Nick Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The problem is that when Senzel misses significant time we are treated to the likes of Jankowski
    He has been used only as a defensive substitution in CF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get him out of CF and move him lower in the order if you have to. I don't know how else you deal with it. He's not going to hold-up getting the most AB's and playing CF every day. Impractical to do it now, but long term they really need to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Get him out of CF and move him lower in the order if you have to. I don't know how else you deal with it. He's not going to hold-up getting the most AB's and playing CF every day. Impractical to do it now, but long term they really need to think about it.
    Where are they going to play him if not CF? Where is the opening? Every position is going to be a demanding position for someone who is injury prone. We don't need to keep jerking this kid around position-wise. He's improved and got quite comfortable out there in CF. The rest of it you just have to deal with day by day. It's not like we're paying this kid a fortune right now to play for us.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent
    David Bell said Nick Senzel is "fine," he'll test to see what he can do before the game. Still shooting for Moustakas on Tuesday. Strop will likely head to the IL

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Health is the sixth tool. My take is he’s fragile, yet his ceiling and cost make me want him to prove me wrong. Personally I’ve been turned off the slamming or fretting about a players health since ED was pummeled.

So he’s fragile, do we want at least some Grady Sizemore seasons from him or look elsewhere? It’s hard to gauge health as norm in a short season, someone must be trying to though.
    Grady Sizemore’s great seasons were before he started getting injured. Not really a comparison there.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Grady Sizemore’s great seasons were before he started getting injured. Not really a comparison there.
    True, I'm probably thinking more of a Rocco Baldelli short season (2006) than Grady's (which were not as good as his full seasons)

I'd be interested in hearing people's projections for Senzel. He seems to be a forgotten guy, and there's certainly some justification for that. He's only appeared in 57% of the Reds games over the past two seasons. Of course, he was an ultra, can't-miss prospect who had never posted a wRC+ less than 147 (aside from his brief foray in Billings, RIP) just three years ago.

The analytical projections aren't especially bullish, generally coming in somewhere around .250/.315/.425 and a wRC+ between 87-96.

There's clearly more in there, but it'll depend on him staying on the field. If he can break out though, that's where this team could get dangerous.

I'm hoping for something close to .280/.340/.460. That'd be a massive jump, but I think it's in there.

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (03-04-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing people's projections for Senzel. He seems to be a forgotten guy, and there's certainly some justification for that. He's only appeared in 57% of the Reds games over the past two seasons. Of course, he was an ultra, can't-miss prospect who had never posted a wRC+ less than 147 (aside from his brief foray in Billings, RIP) just three years ago.

The analytical projections aren't especially bullish, generally coming in somewhere around .250/.315/.425 and a wRC+ between 87-96.

There's clearly more in there, but it'll depend on him staying on the field. If he can break out though, that's where this team could get dangerous.

I'm hoping for something close to .280/.340/.460. That'd be a massive jump, but I think it's in there.
    I would just like to see Nick get close to what was once projected of him.

i could see senzii having a semi-breakout year and being a 20/20 guy. a lot of projections have him around 16 HRs and 15 steals. 20/20 is not out of the question. i've grabbed him very late in both fantasy drafts i've done so far.

the key for him, obviously, will be his health. i think he will put together a good season if he can stay healthy, which is a big IF.

16. Likes:

Griffey012 (03-04-2021)

The problem with predicting a big year from Senzel is the fact that he will probably spend the year platooning with Akiyama. And since the majority of starting pitchers are righties, i would expect Akiyama to get 60% of the at bats. Of course things can change depending on the productivity of those two. And of course injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by madeirawood View Post
    The problem with predicting a big year from Senzel is the fact that he will probably spend the year platooning with Akiyama. And since the majority of starting pitchers are righties, i would expect Akiyama to get 60% of the at bats. Of course things can change depending on the productivity of those two. And of course injuries.
    I'm expecting playing time to be divided up like 85% Castellanos, 75% Winker, 70% Senzel, and 70% Akiyama if they're all healthy. The fifth outfielder shouldn't get many starts. I expect Akiyama to provide the least production and have his playing time reduced first. This is all dependent on health, of course...

19. Likes:

BillDoran (03-04-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madeirawood View Post
    Bell already said Senzel is the everyday CF multiple times. They’re not benching him most of the time for Shogo.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (03-06-2021)

Turn Off Ads?