Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Senzel

Re: Nick Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think they end up with a bigger hole in CF than whatever they get back for him, unless they throw in one of our major prospects too, and I’m hesitant to do that at this point because I don’t see this as a slam dunk win now window. I think he’ll be reasonably productive for the time he actually does spend on the field since he is in fact looking like his play is improving.

The fragility is super concerning though.
    The problem is that when Senzel misses significant time we are treated to the likes of Jankowski
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s not a small sample size. It’s been years.
    Fair point but it's not like he's done his ACL. I think general fitness is going to suffer this season. Let's hope it's something like that and that he's not actually made of fine crystal glass.

The problem is that when Senzel misses significant time we are treated to the likes of Jankowski
    Not many BU CF's are top shelf players, most tend to be glove men or good bats and bad gloves. No surprise there

5. Likes:

GAC (08-09-2020),Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

Good line, but I think Jankowski has started one game this season. Shogo, even Ervin, have played CF.

It’s not a small sample size. It’s been years.
    Seriously, how many times does he have to miss games before people stop saying, “let’s pump the brakes on calling him injury-prone!”

Are these the same people who think Tyler Eifert was just unlucky while he missed 32 games in five years?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Not many BU CF's are top shelf players, most tend to be glove men or good bats and bad gloves. No surprise there
    Yeah, that’s why it’s important to not have a starting CF that is so injury prone. That is the whole point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Good line, but I think Jankowski has started one game this season. Shogo, even Ervin, have played CF.
    He is just an example of a replacement level player we don’t want playing significant amounts of time. Nothing against him specifically.

9. Likes:

bm1475 (08-08-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think they’re fine with running Shogo out there and putting Aquino in left if Senzel gets hurt for an extended period of time. At the very least, it looks like he has more nagging injuries than anything else. I’m not super worried yet that he’s going to be the type to miss a full season or something.

Just have a decent backup and it’ll work itself out.

- - - Updated - - -

And if the injury problems don’t improve, move him out of CF back to 2B or somewhere else he has to run around less.

Yeah, that’s why it’s important to not have a starting CF that is so injury prone. That is the whole point.
    Someone needs to put a governor on your outrage engine you're gonna throw a rod

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-08-2020),GAC (08-09-2020),Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

He’s known to be fragile and post-hype. We’d never get any value in return. Just have to keep him and endure the constant injuries.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

14. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Someone needs to put a governor on your outrage engine you're gonna throw a rod
    How this comes off as outraged I have absolutely no idea. I literally said he looks great this year.

You have seriously the thinnest skin of anyone I have ever come across.

16. Likes:

bm1475 (08-08-2020),westofyou (08-08-2020)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell says Pedro Strop may be out an extended period of time. No decision yet for the IL. Nick Senzel is day-to-day. #Reds

uggh...although at least that would allow you to bring up Antone.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

My comp for him has been Paul Molitor. Molitor had injury issues early in his career too.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    My comp for him has been Paul Molitor. Molitor had injury issues early in his career too.
    If it worked out for him like it did for Molitor, we will all end up very happy.

22. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-09-2020),ochoa30 (08-08-2020),Ron Madden (08-08-2020),WrongVerb (08-08-2020)

I resisted the idea that Senzel was injury prone in the minors when it was like a concussion issue and a torn finger ligament but clearly at this point he can be definitely slapped with the "injury prone" label. There's been, what, 5 times or so he's gotten an injury that cost him at least a few games in the 1+ year he's been up? Plus offseason surgery.

Still, he's been performing this year as I and many others expected at the plate after some were ready to turn the page on him after a tough August/September last year. Hopefully the injuries, if they must continue, are just mostly minor issues.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

24. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-09-2020),Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

Turn Off Ads?