Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 8-9-20

Re: Reds @ Brewers 8-9-20

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Is it Bell or is it higher up the food chain? They added Castellanos and Akiyama to fill up the OF and for good measure signed Moose to ensure Senzel would stay out there too. Seems like its more than just Bell who didn't see a role for Aquino.
    right, i think we were posting at the same time. chances are very high, imo, that both the front office and bell are not fans of aquino. bell gives jankowski more playing time than he gives aquino. he gives ervin more playing time. on and on and on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

They should have brought up Aquino this weekend with Senzel and Moose out instead of Kuhnel who is likely not gonna pitch anyways unless we are being blown out. They could have even put Strop on the IL and brought him up yesterday. Bad moves IMO whoever is making them...
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-09-2020 at 12:28 PM.

4. Likes:

mth123 (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Pretty much
    cool. quite an easy agree to disagree situation.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-09-2020)

This is why guys like Jankowski shouldn't be on the roster. Aquino in LF and Shogo in CF would have been perfectly fine.
    Jankowski has a .335 lifetime OBP against RHP. He does that with better speed and defense than other reserves on the team. He actually plays CF. Reds need to give him some playing time if he’s going to get going at all.

Jankowski is a better player than his RedsZone reputation. Thankfully the Reds see him as potentially useful, and are giving him a chance, despite some dismissive fans.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-09-2020 at 12:28 PM.

8. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (08-09-2020),M2 (08-09-2020),PuffyPig (08-09-2020)

Part of the issue is that Aquino has options and Jankowski and Ervin do not. I hate that reason, but I'd be shocked if it isn't a huge factor. I don't understand worrying about losing either guy to be honest but especially Jankowski.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

10. Likes:

DocRed (08-09-2020),mhs95_06 (08-09-2020),NebraskaRed (08-09-2020),Ron Madden (08-09-2020)

Sahadev Sharma
    @sahadevsharma
    Derek Dietrich has requested and was granted his release by the Cubs so he can pursue a big-league opportunity. Cubs 60-man at 59.

Part of the issue is that Aquino has options and Jankowski and Ervin do not. I hate that reason, but I'd be shocked if it isn't a huge factor. I don't understand worrying about losing either guy to be honest but especially Jankowski.
    Ya Jankowski hasn't affected this team at all this year except maybe in a negative way with his anemic slash line.

Quick sign DD and start him at 2B!!!!

14. Likes:

malcontent (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Jankowski has a .335 lifetime OBP against RHP. He does that with better speed and defense than other reserves on the team. He actually plays CF. Reds need to give him some playing time if he’s going to get going at all.

Jankowski is a better player than his RedsZone reputation. Thankfully the Reds see him as potentially useful, and are giving him a chance, despite some dismissive fans.
    The Reds signed Shogo and specifically sited his ability to play all the OF spots. How many back-up CF do they need on the active roster? They need a bat.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

16. Likes:

757690 (08-09-2020),malcontent (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

...and a .678 OPS against RHP as well

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    once aquino is on the team, which he has been for several games this year, it's bell's decision how much he plays. i'm sure the front office steps in occasionally in regard to playing time for players, but i seriously doubt they told david bell not to play aquino when he's on the team due to injuries to other players, etc.

what is clear to me, to your point, is both the front office and david bell are not fans of aquino. their actions speak this loud and clear.
    So if the Reds' brass are not fans of Aquino, they must have been and still trying to trade him. and the fact there has been no trade since the end of last season must mean that other teams must not be much of Aquino fans either to not part with what the Reds want by now. I do think the fact that Aquino has options is a big part of why he is where he is now.

In fact I think the Reds have probably been trying to trade both Aquino and Senzel and haven't got the offer that they feel is adequate.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell says Nick Senzel is OK. He will run through things pre-game today and should be in the lineup Tuesday. The hope is Mike Moustakas is back Tuesday. Pedro Strop likely headed to IL. #Reds

21. Likes:

HammerTime (08-09-2020)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Reds @ Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Colon over Farmer is interesting too. Must be a matchup thing
    Agreed, I like Farmer there as well. Dietrich would have been nice to keep as it turns out, too.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

The Reds signed Shogo and specifically sited his ability to play all the OF spots. How many back-up CF do they need on the active roster? They need a bat.
    I conceive of this situation as follow:

1. I don’t see Aquino and Jankowski as competitors. In a six man OF both should be on the roster. They have different skill sets.

2. Aquino’s redundancy is with Phil Ervin. RHH outfielders who hit lefties well and have power. Reds should have traded one. IMO, Aquino should have been retained and should be playing regularly.

3. Having watched both, Shogo is no substitute for Jankowski defensively. Shogo is a bit older. Janko is a guy who can go get them in the OF.

4. If the roster had been reduced to 26, Janko probably would have been gone. There’s only room for so many OFers. But he has skills others don’t, should be part of a 28 man roster, and play occasionally.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-09-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Turn Off Ads?