Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 8-9-20

Re: Reds @ Brewers 8-9-20

Fantastic to finally get to watch a game that doesn't start after 11pm here...Annoying thing is I have to get up at 5am to drive to Wales for our Covid-19 stay-cation. Hopefully Sonny brings the K's and we wrap this up in a few hours so I can get to bed!

2. Likes:

DocRed (08-09-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    right, i think we were posting at the same time. chances are very high, imo, that both the front office and bell are not fans of aquino. bell gives jankowski more playing time than he gives aquino. he gives ervin more playing time. on and on and on.
    I'm pretty sure Bell would have enough weight to demand Aquino on the team if he really wanted him to be there. So I think you're probably right. Not much pressure from the FO to have him and Bell doesn't seem especially keen either.

5. Likes:

JFLegal (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I conceive of this situation as follow:

1. I don’t see Aquino and Jankowski as competitors. In a six man OF both should be on the roster. They have different skill sets.

2. Aquino’s redundancy is with Phil Ervin. RHH outfielders who hit lefties well and have power. Reds should have traded one. IMO, Aquino should have been retained and should be playing regularly.

3. Having watched both, Shogo is no substitute for Jankowski defensively. Shogo is a bit older. Janko is a guy who can go get them in the OF.

4. If the roster had been reduced to 26, Janko probably would have been gone. There’s only room for so many OFers. But he has skills others don’t, should be part of a 28 man roster, and play occasionally.
    With a 28 man roster, there is more than one player who is taking a spot that Aquino could have. Lots of chaff.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

delete

I conceive of this situation as follow:

1. I don’t see Aquino and Jankowski as competitors. In a six man OF both should be on the roster. They have different skill sets.

2. Aquino’s redundancy is with Phil Ervin. RHH outfielders who hit lefties well and have power. Reds should have traded one. IMO, Aquino should have been retained and should be playing regularly.

3. Having watched both, Shogo is no substitute for Jankowski defensively. Shogo is a bit older. Janko is a guy who can go get them in the OF.

4. If the roster had been reduced to 26, Janko probably would have been gone. There’s only room for so many OFers. But he has skills others don’t, should be part of a 28 man roster, and play occasionally.
    I'm not a believer in sacrificing talent in the name of fit. At least not when the choice is a third string player at a position. If they had no CF, I wouldn't want Jankowski out there. I'd suffer through with Aquino, Ervin or even Winker out there.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (08-09-2020)

John Fay
    @johnfayman

From the #Reds: The Reds today placed on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to Thursday, 2B Mike Moutakas (left quad bruise) and recalled from the alternative site RHP Tejay Antone (#70). Antone not expected to be in Milwaukee today

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    With a 28 man roster, there is more than one player who is taking a spot that Aquino could have. Lots of chaff.
    I don’t see that. Colon may be expendable but he and Aquino are not substitutes. They play different positions and roles.

Ervin and Aquino provide the same basic skills. One might argue Davidson too, RH bench power, albeit not OF. Those are where the redundancies lie, and Reds made their choice.

I’m a believer that team balance, speed, defense all play roles in winning. Some may disagree and just want lots of sluggers. I can see that, just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-09-2020 at 01:12 PM.

12. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (08-09-2020)

I don’t see that. Colon may be expendable but he and Aquino are not substitutes. They play different positions and roles.

Ervin and Aquino provide the same basic skills. One might argue Davidson too, RH power, albeit not OF. Those are where the redundancies lie, and Reds made their choice.

I’m a believer that team balance, speed, defense all play roles in winning. Some may disagree and just want sluggers. I can see that, just agree to disagree.
    Team balance mean little with a 28 man roster.

John Fay
    @johnfayman

From the #Reds: The Reds today placed on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to Thursday, 2B Mike Moutakas (left quad bruise) and recalled from the alternative site RHP Tejay Antone (#70). Antone not expected to be in Milwaukee today
    Did Aquino kick the Williams’ dog?

C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent
    #Reds upcoming rotation: Castillo, Miley, DeSclafani, Gray, Bauer

They are playing intra squad games at Prasco Park.
    We have no idea how Aquino is performing in those games.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengale
    Tyler Mahle is available out of the bullpen. He could be a piggyback candidate behind Miley too.

#Reds rotation following tomorrow's off-day:
    Tues. - Luis Castillo
    Wed. - Wade Miley
    Thurs. - Anthony DeSclafani
    Fri. - Sonny Gray
    Sat. - Trevor Bauer.

That'll be a couple of extra days between starts for Bauer. Miley will be activated from the IL.

I remember what happened the last time Redszone flipped out over the day's lineup, so I'm optimistic!

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-09-2020)

Moving Bauer back three days in favor of Wade Miley? What am I missing...did the Reds give a reason/explanation for doing so...

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    In fact I think the Reds have probably been trying to trade both Aquino and Senzel and haven't got the offer that they feel is adequate.
    Senzel is their regular CF, he is not being traded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. Likes:

mth123 (08-09-2020)

Turn Off Ads?