Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Former Reds Watch Thread

Re: Former Reds Watch Thread

Iglesias will start to cool down like The Freeze....I'd still rather have Galvis

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Matt Wisler starting for the Twins today. 1.80 ERA 10 IP all as a reliever thus far.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Brandon Phillips is gonna play Wednesday night for the Lexington Legends. May try and get out there.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

6. Likes:

757690 (08-17-2020),Edd Roush (08-18-2020),Tom Servo (08-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Brandon Phillips is gonna play Wednesday night for the Lexington Legends. May try and get out there.
    I wonder why he is trying to hang on for so long? Maybe he just enjoys it which I don't blame him but seems pretty rare.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I wonder why he is trying to hang on for so long? Maybe he just enjoys it which I don't blame him but seems pretty rare.
    I do think he just likes playing. Based on his social media posts he enjoys being in Mexico, but with Covid stuff he’s just bounced around a few indie teams in the states. I’d guess he’s financially set and this is more or less a hobby, like us playing in adult basketball leagues.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-18-2020)

Royals promote Matt Harvey....hmm could we see him tomorrow?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...tt-harvey.html

Alec Lewis
    @alec_lewis
    The Royals confirm: Matt Harvey will start tomorrow's second game of the doubleheader.

saw Tanner Rainey against the O's over the weekend - he's absolutely dealing filth.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    saw Tanner Rainey against the O's over the weekend - he's absolutely dealing filth.
    That trade was considered the easiest, slam dunk win for the Reds. The Dodger/Bailey trade was the next most lopsided. The Sonny Gray trade was the most controversial and least well received.

Baseball is funny.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    That trade was considered the easiest, slam dunk win for the Reds. The Dodger/Bailey trade was the next most lopsided. The Sonny Gray trade was the most controversial and least well received.

Baseball is funny.
    While the ten most recent innings are the most relevant when analyzing a player, it is still only ten innings that he has had a semblance of control. I am not going to call the Rainey - Roark trade a loss quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    While the ten most recent innings are the most relevant when analyzing a player, it is still only ten innings that he has had a semblance of control. I am not going to call the Rainey - Roark trade a loss quite yet.
    Not really saying that. Just that it was considered a slam dunk win for the Reds and now it’s not. We’ll have to wait awhile to see how the prospect that Roark brought back does to fully evaluate the trade. And Roark provided solid value himself when he was with the Reds.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Rainey, Downs, Gray....maybe I've been too hard on Buckley over the years.

Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Matt Harvey goes against the REDS tomorrow.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

Baseball is funny.
    I thought pretty much everyone was board with the Gray trade

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I thought pretty much everyone was board with the Gray trade
    Pretty much. But there were reservations considering he is previous poor seasons. It definitely was the one most posters had the least confidence in. I do remember some posters being upset over the draft pick the Reds gave up to get him.

Turn Off Ads?