Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds file a proposal for fans at GABP

Haunted by walks

Reds file a proposal for fans at GABP

According to C. Trent in the Athletic. The team has filed its proposal with MLB, Hamilton County and the state of Ohio, with “lots of conditions.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds file a proposal for fans at GABP

no reason they can't do it. i've been watching NASCAR races that have limited # of fans.

Given the details in this thread, I can't believe no one agrees or disagrees so far.

5. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (08-11-2020),DocRed (08-11-2020)

I've had this discussion with friends since the beginning of the season but to me it seems like baseball could pretty easily accommodate a few thousand fans.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Create a digital app to decrease check in lines and wait time. ie no more paper tickets. Staggered check in times. Thermal scanners at gate. Those with equivocal thermal scan given option to pay for rapid test or denied entry.

Mandatory masks unless in seats and eating or drinking. Limited traditional line concessions and allow fans to bring their own water. Allow in seat digital orders from app. Masks required in all public areas including rest rooms. Skip every other row and every 5th seat. 10% capacity and increase ticket prices to make up for this. Have enforcement staff in every section to assure fan compliance.

The other beauty of a digital app is it allows you to monitor crowd movement and areas of congregation that you can track. Plus if there did happen to he a positive it makes contact tracing so much easier. We saw Korea use this type of app tracking extensively to do an extremely good job at contact tracing and mitigation.
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-11-2020 at 10:28 AM.

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-11-2020),Powel Crosley (08-11-2020)

I honestly see no reason to take chances and add to the problem. There aren't many games left this season, so what's the point? There will always be those that won't follow guidelines and cause problems. They should just continue the season as is and hope for the best next year.

10. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (08-11-2020),BillDoran (08-11-2020),Blimpie (08-11-2020),Bob Sheed (08-13-2020),cumberlandreds (08-11-2020),Larkin Fan (08-11-2020),mth123 (08-11-2020),OGB (08-11-2020),savafan (08-11-2020),Tom Servo (08-11-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-11-2020),WVRedsFan (08-11-2020)

Haunted by walks

I didn’t want to steal too much from the story. Here’s a little of what the governor said:

“I think you could. I think it’s got to be a very well-thought-out plan,” DeWine said. “It’s got to be a fraction of the people. It’s got to be controlled inside. You have to have assigned seats. People would have to actually sit in their assigned seats. They wouldn’t be able to move down — which is what we all do, we all move down, I’ve done that many, many times. You couldn’t let people do that because they’d have to keep their distance.”

He also talks about a “fraction of capacity” and restrooms and concessions.

12. Likes:

DocRed (08-11-2020),Edd Roush (08-11-2020)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I went to a Florence Y'alls game Saturday night. It was nice, there were plenty of precautions, and people were spread out.

That said, I have no idea how you could replicate that experience in Great American.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

14. Likes:

UKFlounder (08-11-2020)

It definitely is possible with a smart, well thought out plan. In other words, there’s no way MLB can do it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

16. Likes:

bm1475 (08-11-2020),CySeymour (08-11-2020),Griffey012 (08-11-2020),loudangry (08-12-2020),mgbrown66 (08-11-2020),NebraskaRed (08-11-2020),Patrick Bateman (08-11-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-11-2020)

If they do this (and that's a big if), it seems the biggest issue would be trying to avoid places where people could congregate.

In other words, food lines, entrances/exits, bathrooms would be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    If they do this (and that's a big if), it seems the biggest issue would be trying to avoid places where people could congregate.

In other words, food lines, entrances/exits, bathrooms would be the issue.
    Two wrongs don't make a right but I've been a ton of places where there are food lines (people just try to space out pretty much, some don't comply) or public bathrooms just running at normal capacity. I think those two issues would kinda just have to be self-policed - if GABP wants to be stricter than a lot of other society right now that's good.

I'd have to think the major concern would be line spacing at security as you are screened/enter the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right but I've been a ton of places where there are food lines (people just try to space out pretty much, some don't comply) or public bathrooms just running at normal capacity. I think those two issues would kinda just have to be self-policed - if GABP wants to be stricter than a lot of other society right now that's good.

I'd have to think the major concern would be line spacing at security as you are screened/enter the stadium.
    This would all be clearer if they gave a number. We have no idea if they're talking about 1000? 2000? 5000 fans?

again, they are doing it successfully in NASCAR. why couldn't baseball do the same thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    This would all be clearer if they gave a number. We have no idea if they're talking about 1000? 2000? 5000 fans?
    well, for games in pittsburgh it wouldn't matter anyway, so we do have that going for us.

21. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-11-2020)

Tasers and Cattle Prods?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It definitely is possible with a smart, well thought out plan. In other words, there’s no way MLB can do it.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I've had this discussion with friends since the beginning of the season but to me it seems like baseball could pretty easily accommodate a few thousand fans.
    Which is a normal night for the Reds
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Turn Off Ads?