Thread: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

Stick to your guns.

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (03-11-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

Wow. If that story's true, he absolutely deserves jail time. And I can't believe he's still just 30.
    Last edited by TexasRedsFan; 03-11-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Yikes

Needs to remove his name from this t-shirt and tell everyone it's a Logan Ondrusek shirt.
    Go Gators!

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (03-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post
    Wow. If that story's true, he absolutely deserves jail time. And I can't believe he's still just 30.
    Wow. If that story is not true, she absolutely deserves jail time.

8. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-12-2021),RollyInRaleigh (03-12-2021)

There’s a hashtag on Twitter right now #toomanywomen which is similar to the #metoo movement. It is a way for women to describe what too many women go through every day when it comes to the threat and realization of sexual assault.

Some examples are #toomanywomen don’t feel safe jogging alone, or #toomanywomen need to text friends updates when they are on a date, or #toomanywomen hold their keys through their fingers when walking from work to their car, or #toomanywomen have to worry about what’s in their drinks at a bar, or #toomanywomen don’t feel comfortable being alone with a man, or #toomanywomen are scared to report sexual assault because they aren’t believed or blamed for being “too sexy” or “wanting it”.

Over 1,000 women a day are sexually assaulted in this country, and those are the ones that are reported. Most are never reported because they aren’t believed and their life is made a living hell when they do, and on top of that, there is almost no chance it leads to a conviction. 3 out of every 1000 sexual assault reports end up in a conviction.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

Chip R (03-17-2021),Ron Madden (03-12-2021)

You would hope it’s not true. Following a woman into the bathroom is just stupid. Unless your asked to and she’s your wife is stupid.

But it’s out already and even if it wasn’t unless she said it was consensual and then she changed her mind because she has a fiancée.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    There’s a hashtag on Twitter right now #toomanywomen which is similar to the #metoo movement. It is a way for women to describe what too many women go through every day when it comes to the threat and realization of sexual assault.

Some examples are #toomanywomen don’t feel safe jogging alone, or #toomanywomen need to text friends updates when they are on a date, or #toomanywomen hold their keys through their fingers when walking from work to their car, or #toomanywomen have to worry about what’s in their drinks at a bar, or #toomanywomen don’t feel comfortable being alone with a man, or #toomanywomen are scared to report sexual assault because they aren’t believed or blamed for being “too sexy” or “wanting it”.

Over 1,000 women a day are sexually assaulted in this country, and those are the ones that are reported. Most are never reported because they aren’t believed and their life is made a living hell when they do, and on top of that, there is almost no chance it leads to a conviction. 3 out of every 1000 sexual assault reports end up in a conviction.
    Okay, those numbers are appalling. But the question is, what can be done about it? A woman reporting rape shouldn't be disbelieved nor believed just as the suspect shouldn't be believed nor disbelieved when they deny it. Investigation and evidence are needed. The problem I have is it's a double standard they want. Believe me when I say he raped me, don't believe him when he denies it. It should work the same. No evidence, not guilty, evidence guilty. But beyond that, also investigate whether the claimed victim is lying and if so, give her the same punishment as you would the perp if she wasn't. Not saying that a not guilty verdict means she's lying, but if an investigation that leads to proving it was a false claim, punish to the full extent.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    Okay, those numbers are appalling. But the question is, what can be done about it? A woman reporting rape shouldn't be disbelieved nor believed just as the suspect shouldn't be believed nor disbelieved when they deny it. Investigation and evidence are needed. The problem I have is it's a double standard they want. Believe me when I say he raped me, don't believe him when he denies it. It should work the same. No evidence, not guilty, evidence guilty. But beyond that, also investigate whether the claimed victim is lying and if so, give her the same punishment as you would the perp if she wasn't. Not saying that a not guilty verdict means she's lying, but if an investigation that leads to proving it was a false claim, punish to the full extent.
    People are already punished for making false reports to the cops, I don’t know why people feel like there needs to be such a specific policy needed for this instance. And there isn’t evidence to go off in quite a lot of sexual assault cases, especially if they’re older. So what do you do there?

The problem I have is it's a double standard they want.
    It seems to me the double standard goes the other way.

If I report getting mugged, or robbed, no one asks if I am making it up. Yet that happens every time a woman reports sexual assault. And the data reveals there are no more false sexual assault claims than any other crime.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    People are already punished for making false reports to the cops, I don’t know why people feel like there needs to be such a specific policy needed for this instance. And there isn’t evidence to go off in quite a lot of sexual assault cases, especially if they’re older. So what do you do there?
    If there's no evidence, there's no case. Are you suggesting convicting people with no evidence?

Also, there are different degrees of false allegations. One that accuses an innocent of rape should bring much more severity than one that falsely accuses someone of theft. And too many times that woman falsely accuses someone of rape, and it's proven false, the woman gets nothing due to "emotional/mental disorder".
    Last edited by foster15; 03-12-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It seems to me the double standard goes the other way.

If I report getting mugged, or robbed, no one asks if I am making it up. Yet that happens every time a woman reports sexual assault. And the data reveals there are no more false sexual assault claims than any other crime.
    It shouldn't matter if you're believed or not. An investigation needs to initiated and carried out regardless. And if it's proven that a false allegation was committed, directed at an actual individual, there needs to be a heavy penalty to deter it from happening.
    Last edited by foster15; 03-12-2021 at 02:41 PM.

If there's no evidence, there's no case. Are you suggesting convicting people with no evidence?

Also, there are different degrees of false allegations. One that accuses an innocent of rape should bring much more severity than one that falsely accuses someone of theft. And too many times that woman falsely accuses someone of rape, and it's proven false, the woman gets nothing due to "emotional/mental disorder".
    Nonsense.

You know what happens if you put in a special “you’re gonna get in trouble if your allegations don’t result in a conviction” policy? Women are going to stop reporting rapes because they’re going to be afraid they’ll end up in jail if the court doesn’t believe, as they rightfully should be afraid of that scenario. Especially given that most rape cases don’t result in a guilty verdict. A policy all to address something that barely ever happens to begin with.

Truly ghoulish and disgusting thing you’re proposing here. Why not just say “I default to believing women are lying about being raped”?

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (03-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Nonsense.

You know what happens if you put in a special “you’re gonna get in trouble if your allegations don’t result in a conviction” policy? Women are going to stop reporting rapes because they’re going to be afraid they’ll end up in jail if the court doesn’t believe, as they rightfully should be afraid of that scenario. Especially given that most rape cases don’t result in a guilty verdict. A policy all to address something that barely ever happens to begin with.

Truly ghoulish and disgusting thing you’re proposing here. Why not just say “I default to believing women are lying about being raped”?
    Learn to read, I specifically said that they should be punished if it's proven to be a false accusation. Not if the accused is not convicted. SMH There's a difference between a false allegation, a mistaken allegation and a true allegation that can't be proven.
    Last edited by foster15; 03-12-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Learn to read, I specifically said that they should be punished if it's proven to be a false accusation. Not if the accused is not convicted. SMH
    And the stupid thing is believing that the courts would capable of making such a cut and dry distinction most of the time.

If you make a false report, you already get in trouble. Straight up, the only reason to create a special circumstance for rape cases is if you’re going out of your way to find a reason to not believe women when they report these things. Truly pathetic.

I think both of you have good points. Any law would have unintended consequences, and I agree courts would likely bungle it. On the other hand, a straight up manufactured rape allegation is an intent to ruin someone's life.

But there's no reason to either believe or disbelieve the allegation at this point that I am aware of.

23. Likes:

foster15 (03-12-2021),Old school 1983 (03-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?