Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Will Castellanos stay?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. If the Reds make the playoffs.

12 17.91%
  • No. He’ll take the $.

36 53.73%
  • Yes. He likes the team and the stability of his contract.

20 29.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will Castellanos stay?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Will Castellanos stay?

I’m hoping he opts out.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Likes:

ochoa30 (09-08-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I'd still like to see him as a Red, though preferably not so much in RF. I'm still expecting that batting average to return to its normal .290 level eventually, but of course this is the Reds so maybe those days are over for as long as he's here.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-08-2020)

i think if they dont make the playoffs and this losing organization keeps Bell, he is gone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    i think if they dont make the playoffs and this losing organization keeps Bell, he is gone!!
    That would be a pretty bad financial decision by Castellanos.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Guys, the guy has an 873 OPS, he and Winker have been the only solid hitters all year.
    I hope he stays, he's one of the few players to get excited about when he's at the plate.
    Yes, he's been streaky so far like Bruce was, but that's ok, he's producing.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-12-2020),HammerTime (09-09-2020),mth123 (09-09-2020),Old school 1983 (09-09-2020)

Im not gonna judge really anyones avg this year as 60 and less games is a small sample size but id like to see him next year and decide.

11. Likes:

zigbeenuthouse (09-16-2020)

The guy needs to review his tape and realize he gets a breaking pitch under the strike zone almost every at bat, which he swings over as if it’s a fastball. The constant 0-1 start to counts on mostly balls is the primary reason for his extended slump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

13. Likes:

757690 (09-16-2020),marcshoe (09-16-2020),RedsfaninMT (09-16-2020),RiverRat13 (09-16-2020),Ron Madden (09-16-2020),wally post (09-16-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Guys, the guy has an 873 OPS, he and Winker have been the only solid hitters all year.
    I hope he stays, he's one of the few players to get excited about when he's at the plate.
    Yes, he's been streaky so far like Bruce was, but that's ok, he's producing.
    He's a nightmare in the field. That's the biggest concern. And he has made it clear he's got no interest in being a DH or even being subbed out in the later innings for a better glove.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

15. Likes:

Chip R (09-16-2020),REDREAD (09-19-2020)

Castellanos will not get a better deal in years and money than what Reds gave him. He's coming back.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (09-19-2020)

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt
    Nick Castellanos has a .316 expected batting average, a .580 expected slugging percentage, and a .375 xwOBA this season...on just his balls in play that turned into outs.

19. Likes:

CaiGuy (09-17-2020),PuffyPig (09-16-2020)

I was hoping for an option on the poll that says he'll stay this year but use the 2021 opt out.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

He gone.

I think he will stay due to the year he had and the market probably being way down. But, he just doesn't feel like a Cincy guy. He feels like a Chicago, NY, Boston type.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    The guy needs to review his tape and realize he gets a breaking pitch under the strike zone almost every at bat, which he swings over as if it’s a fastball. The constant 0-1 start to counts on mostly balls is the primary reason for his extended slump.
    Yep, my biggest problem with him has been how quickly and often he gets down 0-2. It seems like practically every at bat. It's cool that he wants to produce, but he needs to be more patient and remember that if you don't get on base, the next best thing you can do for your team is to make the opposing pitcher throw more pitches.

I think based on his inconsistent performance this year (60 games or not), he'll not get any better offers this offseason and end up staying.
    Last edited by TexasRedsFan; 09-18-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Food for thought. (Fantasy writer but he dives into the numbers)

https://www.fantraxhq.com/nick-caste...bound-in-2021/

25. Likes:

marcshoe (10-20-2020)

Turn Off Ads?