Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Senzel Upset Post-Win 8/14/20

Senzel Upset Post-Win 8/14/20

From Mark Sheldon on Twitter.

After game, Senzel skipped victory line and was walked off the field by coach JR House and seemed upset, threw his glove on the dugout. Bell called it an internal, personal issue that would be addressed .

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Senzel Upset Post-Win 8/14/20

I'm hoping he was just pissed off with his performance at the plate tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    I'm hoping he was just pissed off with his performance at the plate tonight.
    You would never take that out in the victory line though.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    You would never take that out in the victory line though.
    I'm not going to speculate on what's up there, but it's not like Senzel chose to walk away from the line on his own. He was bumping elbows with the other outfielders as House approached to pull him away, House said something as the two walked away from the outfield group as a whole, then continued on their own to the dugout, where Senzel then apparently threw his glove on top of the dugout and that was the last report there was.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'm not going to speculate on what's up there, but it's not like Senzel chose to walk away from the line on his own. He was bumping elbows with the other outfielders as House approached to pull him away, House said something as the two walked away from the outfield group as a whole, then continued on their own to the dugout, where Senzel then apparently threw his glove on top of the dugout and that was the last report there was.
    Ok that's different than Sheldon's report of "skipping" the line.

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-14-2020)

I wonder if Bell tried to pull him for a defensive sub to avoid injury risk in the 9th and he refused.

I wonder if management caught wind of Senzel's F-the expectations quote from earlier.

Nick better be careful or he’ll end up in the same place as Aristides

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

Always Red (08-15-2020),goldglover9 (08-15-2020),OGB (08-15-2020),Old school 1983 (08-15-2020),Revering4Blue (08-15-2020),westofyou (08-15-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Never want to speculate on this but seems like finding out about a personal matter.

14. Likes:

mth123 (08-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I wonder if management caught wind of Senzel's F-the expectations quote from earlier.
    If that was the case, I would be disappointed with the Reds management. But I doubt JR House would be the one relaying something from Reds management, especially on the field right after a win.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

After catching VanMeter's fly ball one step in front of the right field wall, Polanco threw out Nick Senzel at second trying to advance from first. Polanco's throw reached shortstop Kevin Newman on one short hop.

17. Likes:

JFLegal (08-15-2020)

That’s bizarre. Not going to wildy speculate. We will probably never know.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If that was the case, I would be disappointed with the Reds management. But I doubt JR House would be the one relaying something from Reds management, especially on the field right after a win.
    I doubt it myself but the timing made me speculate. Crackerjack pointed out something else that could be the culprit.

Huge grain of salt, but some rando on twitter speculated the following and kinda makes sense:

Senzel was told he tested positive or someone has been in contact with has, didn’t throw the glove in anger, but threw it to the top of the dugout to be sanitized later.

God I hope that isn’t it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

21. Likes:

DocRed (08-15-2020)

The last celebration Nick kind of ignored the new protocols grabbing Votto and lifting him into the air. The league said players would get one warning regarding such things as ignoring social distancing after that they would be disciplined with the possibility of suspension. So it could be they were trying to keep him away from that. I don't know.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-14-2020 at 11:59 PM.

23. Likes:

757690 (08-15-2020),westofyou (08-15-2020)

Turn Off Ads?