Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A Reds Player Has Tested Positive for COVID

Re: A Reds Player Has Tested Positive for COVID

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    Go to love Bauer

When it rains lemons, make lemonade.

And for him it is really raining lemons. Got messed up by the idiots that didn't call the rain out until 8 minutes before game time after getting both starters completely warm. Went ahead and pitched the next day in the dbl header when he should have probably skipped. Ends up needing extra time after his next start (code for something is not right as a result of that rain out dbl header fiasco), and that pushes him to todays start where he now gets caught up in this positive test crap.
    Lemonade is always better with a little sugar. I'm unsure Trevor knows that

2. Likes:

Always Red (08-15-2020),Mitri (08-15-2020),redsmetz (08-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Only 1 player tested positive, all others are negative so far.

https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/st...htmode%3Dfalse
    This is good, but also not terribly valuable information. It's good because hey, only one positive test right now. But it's also not valuable in relation to only one positive test because of how long it can take for someone to acquire the virus and then test positive for it. That can take days and days. Maybe even longer. The Cardinals, for example, haven't played in over two weeks and just had a coach test positive for the first time this past Thursday. It's possible he got it some other way, of course, but given the circumstances of what's going on in the organization, it's far more likely he got it from within the organization.

Hopefully this is truly a situation of 1 guy getting it, and the protocols that were in place worked and it didn't spread. It's going to be some time before we find out if that's how it plays out, though, given the incubation period we have to deal with.

5. Likes:

757690 (08-15-2020)

Bummed we wont see the Reds this weekend, but this is the right move. IF it can be contained to just 1 player, then we will only miss a couple games. Otherwise we go into Cardinal mode and miss 2 weeks

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I haven’t been able to watch on TV, is everyone still down in the dugout without masks? If so, that’s probably not a good prognosis that they didn’t get exposed to Nick

Keep in mind a Cardinals coach reportedly tested positive 2 days ago and they are still playing today. The last Cardinal player to test positive was 6 days ago. I'm encouraged a Monday DH could happen but worse case maybe Thursday/Friday.

Hadn't seen this anywhere else but Bauer says the reason he missed his Cleveland start was because of an "inconclusive test".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlZKPo1qq2I

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I haven’t been able to watch on TV, is everyone still down in the dugout without masks? If so, that’s probably not a good prognosis that they didn’t get exposed to Nick
    the players all are. but the coaches all wear masks. well, delino does sometimes. but the players are mask-less.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I assume you think that young people are expendable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've seen the data. Young healthy people are not facing serious consequences from this - especially school age kids. They need to go on about their lives before the cure becomes worse than the disease. People in their 70's or people with diabetes or heart conditions, etc. do face serious consequences and need to isolate. If that includes some teachers, then those individuals shouldn't be teaching. We're isolating and locking down the wrong people.

12. Likes:

Gunner44 (08-15-2020),Jomama (08-15-2020),KYRedsFan (08-16-2020),mgbrown66 (08-16-2020),Norm Chortleton (08-15-2020),RedsFanInMS (08-15-2020),TheBigLebowski (08-15-2020),tripleaaaron (08-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I've seen the data. Young healthy people are not facing serious consequences from this - especially school age kids. They need to go on about their lives before the cure becomes worse than the disease. People in their 70's or people with diabetes or heart conditions, etc. do face serious consequences and need to isolate. If that includes some teachers, then those individuals shouldn't be teaching. We're isolating and locking down the wrong people.
    This is all still relatively new to the point we don’t know what long term effects there are from people who contract COVID. Those who recover have been having seizures or heart conditions (why college football is being discussed) later. There’s so much more to factor in other than just people in their 70s.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

bm1475 (08-15-2020),BoxingRed (08-15-2020),RedsfaninMT (08-15-2020),westofyou (08-15-2020)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Is death not a serious consequence ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you all want to go back n forth on the strong stances you have regarding the pandemic there is a thread in the non sports part of the forum. It would be nice if we could keep this thread about the Reds and the ensuing issue

Thanks

17. Likes:

757690 (08-15-2020),919191 (08-16-2020),Boss-Hog (08-15-2020),DocRed (08-15-2020),Edd Roush (08-15-2020),redsfanmia (08-15-2020),RiverRat13 (08-15-2020),Ron Madden (08-15-2020),Roy Tucker (08-15-2020),TheBigLebowski (08-15-2020),wolfboy (08-15-2020),WVRed (08-15-2020)

It is also possible that the player that tested positive was a false positive, let's hope for that. While the incubation period is fairly long for Covid, the fact that these guys are together for hours at a time would make me think that if there are other positives they will pop up in the next couple of days.

Let's hope for the best and hope it doesn't spread. I'm not going to get into any fights with those who think those under 30 are ok if they get the virus - let's try to see if we can't prevent everyone from getting it in the first place.

19. Likes:

WVRed (08-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    If you all want to go back n forth on the strong stances you have regarding the pandemic there is a thread in the non sports part of the forum. It would be nice if we could keep this thread about the Reds and the ensuing issue

Thanks
    Back to the baseball side:

I’m more thinking about “What if the Reds are the reason MLB decides to put the nail in the coffin on this season?”

“What if this spirals like St Louis did and pisses off the rest of MLB and fans like the Cardinals did?”

IF it’s Senzel and IF he did something stupid to put himself in a situation to contract it, hold him accountable. We saw what happened in Cleveland with their pitchers.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Back to the baseball side:

I’m more thinking about “What if the Reds are the reason MLB decides to put the nail in the coffin on this season?”

“What if this spirals like St Louis did and pisses off the rest of MLB and fans like the Cardinals did?”

IF it’s Senzel and IF he did something stupid to put himself in a situation to contract it, hold him accountable. We saw what happened in Cleveland with their pitchers.
    One guy tested positive though, that's a good sign so far. The Marlins and Cards had multiple positive tests. Until they trace the positive guy and who he has interacted with it's all up in the air. I'm hopeful that it's a false or a isolated incident

22. Likes:

DocRed (08-15-2020)

Boiler up!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Best to ignore him
    I don’t know why people get so upset over what is an obvious parody/satire account

Turn Off Ads?