Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Thom Brennaman suspended for on-air comments

Re: Thom Brennaman suspended for on-air comments

It's a real shame there won't be any more seasons of Brockmire. They would have had a field day with the "and there's a long drive by Castellanos" meme.

2. Likes:

BillDoran (11-22-2020),RichRed (11-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bob Huggins @CoachHuggs
    I want to thank my friend Thom Brennaman for traveling over to Morgantown and speaking to the team. His message isn't one of excuses but one of accountability. It takes courage to confront mistakes head on and I believe our guys learned that from his time with us.
    https://247sports.com/Article/West-V...lur-155130382/

They call me "chef"

“It’s $20,000 for the Peek Behind the History of the Reds Broadcast Booth talk and $75,000 for the I Said A Slur on TV and Now I’m the Face of Adversity and Accountability talk. We can bang out both on the same weekend for a 5% discount.”

6. Likes:

BillDoran (11-22-2020),camisadelgolf (11-22-2020),dabvu2498 (11-23-2020),JFLegal (11-23-2020),NebraskaRed (12-02-2020)

I'm surprised Huggs did that although he loves Cincinnati. Maybe Thom is remorseful. I'll know more when I talk to some people at my alma mater,
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Worrying that Cincinnati media is keeping up with him, makes me think the Reds will be bringing him back in a few years.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'm surprised Huggs did that although he loves Cincinnati. Maybe Thom is remorseful. I'll know more when I talk to some people at my alma mater,
    I'm not. It's a great cautionary tale for athletes during and after their playing career that hopefully makes an impact on them. Easier to understand the message when you see someone that's dealt with life-changing consequences because of his words/actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    “It’s $20,000 for the Peek Behind the History of the Reds Broadcast Booth talk and $75,000 for the I Said A Slur on TV and Now I’m the Face of Adversity and Accountability talk. We can bang out both on the same weekend for a 5% discount.”
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    huggs has plenty of skeletons in his closet. no gay slurs (to my knowledge) but definitely some embarrassing, drunken moments.

he character checked art long who punched a horse

I tell you what, Thom's publicist is earning his or her fee. I would not be surprised if he does come back to the Reds as early as next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I tell you what, Thom's publicist is earning his or her fee. I would not be surprised if he does come back to the Reds as early as next season.
    It is curious that they haven't hired somebody into his position yet.

Or maybe they just really like Jim Day.

But to be known in a lot of circles as a homophobe — I have never been a homophobe, not for one minute of my life. Have I used that word before? Yes, I've used that word before.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ds/6475665002/

Wondering if he is referring to the hot mic moment, or his entire life. Because if I remember right he originally said the hot mic moment was the first time he used the word.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ds/6475665002/

Wondering if he is referring to the hot mic moment, or his entire life. Because if I remember right he originally said the hot mic moment was the first time he used the word.
    Brennaman was asked by Sloan how many times he has replayed the incident in his head:

"Not one time.
    The thing about Thom is that he's a liar lol

Or a sociopath I guess, because a normal person would have replayed the moment in their head, at least once.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

17. Likes:

dabvu2498 (12-02-2020),goldglover9 (12-02-2020),RichRed (12-02-2020),Ron Madden (12-02-2020),Tom Servo (12-02-2020),Wonderful Monds (12-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Just as planned, probably give him a night of fireworks to celebrate him and what he said.
    Go Gators!

19. Likes:

Chip R (12-02-2020)

The reds broadcasts were ten times better with Thom gone. If they rehire him... please God, No!

21. Likes:

Chip R (12-03-2020),dfs (12-03-2020),mth123 (12-04-2020),REDREAD (12-11-2020),Ron Madden (12-03-2020),savafan (12-03-2020)

Turn Off Ads?