Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Thom Brennaman suspended for on-air comments

Re: The Thom Brennaman haters might get their wish......

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    He sounded so disgusted, lol. Will be very satisfying to see him gone.
    Yes, the disdain in his voice is obvious.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is it possible that Thom doesn't know? I would think not given how much he is addicted to the internet during games...

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Sorry that I may have taken your previous post about how you didn't want it to end for the organization, his family, him or his kids that way while not addressing the hateful ****ty thing he actually said as "excusing his behavior."

Actually, **** that, I'm not sorry. It's exactly what you did. You only worried about the Reds, his family, and Thom himself.
    I thought the same, he definitely was making Thom a sympathetic figure in his first post. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt based on his second post that it was just poorly worded.

I'm sure Marty is no saint, but it is a shame that the story of having his son follow in his footsteps worked out so poorly.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

He seems distracted. Almost missed the Winker HR call, probably looking at his phone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I thought the same, he definitely was making Thom a sympathetic figure in his first post. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt based on his second post that it was just poorly worded.

I'm sure Marty is no saint, but it is a shame that the story of having his son follow in his footsteps worked out so poorly.
    It was a different time and Marty could get away with it. It’s no excuse but Thom has to know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Thom won’t be the only one. Whatever producer that allows him to feel comfortable enough to say that off air should be gone too.
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    uhhh, no.
    He was clearly comfortable enough to say it off air. That’s reflective of the culture of the broadcast team.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

10. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (08-19-2020)

Maybe 5-10 years ago he might have gotten off with a wrist slap suspension and “heartfelt” apology. But times have changed. I don’t see him staying on.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

Chip R (09-29-2020),Rantly (08-19-2020),WVRed (08-19-2020)

Watching this game is like when you were a kid and you did something horribly wrong, and your mom said “Just wait til your father gets home!”

And you have.... to.... wait..

Thom is now cancelled.

Aside from the Reds, how will this affect his NFL work? And will he still be welcomed with open arms at the Dilly Delly in Mariemont

there's already a "Reds need to fire Thom B immediately" article up on the net.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    He was clearly comfortable enough to say it off air. That’s reflective of the culture of the broadcast team.
    you have obviously never worked in TV. no way the producer caught that or authorized that. it was all thom. we're not talking about a recorded show that went through the process of editing. this is a live broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    He seems distracted. Almost missed the Winker HR call, probably looking at his phone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Don’t agree, just was thinking he sounds normal.

you have obviously never worked in TV. no way the producer caught that or authorized that. it was all thom.
    Talent is higher in the pecking order in booth situations that’s for sure.

you have obviously never worked in TV. no way the producer caught that or authorized that. it was all thom. we're not talking about a recorded show that went through the process of editing. this is a live broadcast.
    I’m guessing this wasn’t his first time saying that word while at work.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?