Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Thom Brennaman suspended for on-air comments

Re: Thom Brennaman suspended for on-air comments

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    First time ever, yeah that's real believable. The Reds said they had zero tolerance, why are they allowing this story to continue?
    If they have zero tolerance he should already be gone. As I’ve said before the longer this lingers the better the chance that hack stays.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Likes:

dfs (09-08-2020),goldglover9 (09-08-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Thom Brennaman, grew up in the 70's, went to college in the 80's, was in a frat and has never said word that eh?

Ok... to prove it I expect to see him perform the "I'm Going Home" medley from Rocky Horror as Rocky AND Riff Raff

After that I'll believe him

5. Likes:

Chip R (09-09-2020),Mitri (09-08-2020),NebraskaRed (09-08-2020),Revering4Blue (09-09-2020)

That's not a word someone suddenly decides to use.

Not buying it Thom.
    Go Gators!

7. Likes:

goldglover9 (09-08-2020),M2 (09-08-2020),paintmered (09-08-2020),Wonderful Monds (09-08-2020)

I and pretty much everyone I know has used that term before. We all stopped awhile ago, but it was a rather commonly used word when I was growing up.

How many on this board can say that they have never used that word before?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I and pretty much everyone I know has used that term before. We all stopped awhile ago, but it was a rather commonly used word when I was growing up.

How many on this board can say that they have never used that word before?
    Definitely a good point.

It was just such a weird feeling when I heard him say that though. I don’t live in perfectly behaved circles but I can say I haven’t personally heard that term “out in the wild” in probably a decade, if not 20 years. I was like “wow, I can’t believe people still talk like that,” let alone a professional broadcaster. Now I’m not naive as to what is said around the sport of baseball but to actually hear it did make me shudder.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Whether or not you think he should lose his job over this, does anyone really believe that the very first time he happened to use that word was (1) while on the job and (2) it just happened to be caught on mic?

I mean, come on.
    Sure I believe it. Most likely he always used the more tradtional 6 letter version of the word and simply slipped into the 3 letter version on this occasion. He will got back to using the 6 letter version in the future.

12. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-08-2020)

Nothing conveys contrition like telling obvious and self-serving lies. The Reds can put an end to this.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

Chip R (09-09-2020),kaldaniels (09-08-2020),Mitri (09-08-2020),Revering4Blue (09-09-2020),Tom Servo (09-08-2020)

Thom enough!!! anyone alive or who experienced the 70-90's has used that word period!!! The Reds should just put an end to this eyesore and move on!! end of drama!

He’s not getting fired. Jesus Christ, people.

He ****ed up. He’s suspended and humiliated. He’s not going be destroyed over this.

Marv Albert legit sexually assaulted women, cross dressed and bit them while coming on them secretly. He’s still calling nba games.

Get a grip. Thom hasn’t made the reds a laughingstock for 25 years

Quote Originally Posted by TreyBall View Post
    He’s not getting fired. Jesus Christ, people.

He ****ed up. He’s suspended and humiliated. He’s not going be destroyed over this.

Marv Albert legit sexually assaulted women, cross dressed and bit them while coming on them secretly. He’s still calling nba games.

Get a grip. Thom hasn’t made the reds a laughingstock for 25 years
    lol

18. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-08-2020)

Why couldn’t he just say something like:

-not proud, but it has been in my vocabulary and I have used it before

-I should have and did no better but was lazy to change as I hadn’t faced consequences before

-I’ve had my eyes closed for too long, and didn’t appreciate how vulgar and insulting the meaning is.

-I’ve been lacking in awareness and personal accountability more so than I am a homophobe at heart. I truly don’t feel like a bigger, but will need to prove that in my future actions as I haven’t demonstrated the actions in the past to be trusted

-I won’t make the mistake again. I will strive to learn and make a positive difference going forward and help teach people such as I that have been in the dark too long why change is required and important

Copping to the truth if done properly could have been far more impactful than what he said. He still wants people to believe it’s the first time and it’s laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

20. Likes:

bounty37h (09-09-2020)

I also think Thom will not be fired. He will not announce again this season and then simply the Reds will have different announcers next year. They spare him a firing but don't bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I also think Thom will not be fired. He will not announce again this season and then simply the Reds will have different announcers next year. They spare him a firing but don't bring him back.
    He was quoting/paraphrasing off blazing Saddles

Let’s crucify him

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Why couldn’t he just say something like:

-not proud, but it has been in my vocabulary and I have used it before

-I should have and did no better but was lazy to change as I hadn’t faced consequences before

-I’ve had my eyes closed for too long, and didn’t appreciate how vulgar and insulting the meaning is.

-I’ve been lacking in awareness and personal accountability more so than I am a homophobe at heart. I truly don’t feel like a bigger, but will need to prove that in my future actions as I haven’t demonstrated the actions in the past to be trusted

-I won’t make the mistake again. I will strive to learn and make a positive difference going forward and help teach people such as I that have been in the dark too long why change is required and important

Copping to the truth if done properly could have been far more impactful than what he said. He still wants people to believe it’s the first time and it’s laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe it's that he doesn't think it was that big of a deal to say it and thus can't muster up the energy to fake apologize like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Maybe it's that doesn't think it was that big of a deal to say it and thus can't muster up the energy to fake apologize like this.
    Awesome 100% guess and hilarious speculation

Turn Off Ads?