Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ St. Louis 8-20-20

Re: Reds @ St. Louis 8-20-20

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedSkull View Post
    That was my first thought when Bell brought him in when he did. Sims was sharp tonight. Two outs & nobody on, Bell should’ve given him the opportunity to get the 3rd out & save Garrett. But, he needed a reason to get Winker out of the lineup, I guess. We’ve seen the BP blow plenty enough games so far this season to know better than to trust a 2 run lead late in the game & remove the hottest hitter so he’s unavailable for extra innings. Moves like that continuously hurt the team but Bell learns nothing from his mistakes & is compelled to tinker his way right out of win after win. He has no feel for the game IMO.
    Bell brought in his lefty to strike out a lefty, which he did.

Bell had his closer ready for the ninth.

This had zero to do with Bell. The closer failed, period.

2. Likes:

ochoa30 (08-20-2020),Ron Madden (08-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

At this point there's no reason Aquino shouldn't be on this team. When you look at the production we get from our bench guys you can throw splits out the window. I don't know if he'll be a good player but I know he deserves a chance when some of the guys on this roster are doing nothing to help us win.

5. Likes:

Jomama (08-20-2020),Revering4Blue (08-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Disgusting loss. Iggy simply gave it to them.
    He did that like 10 times last year too.

I'm just completely over the guy, have been ever since he started complaining about "how he was being used" last year. He can be "on" at times but from about the end of 2018 he's been an ERA-notably-over 4.00 guy with a major HR problem. I'd deal him for a big league ready live arm and not really think twice about it, I don't see the glory days ever coming back with him in Cincy.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-20-2020),ochoa30 (08-20-2020),The Operator (08-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedSkull View Post
    That was my first thought when Bell brought him in when he did. Sims was sharp tonight. Two outs & nobody on, Bell should’ve given him the opportunity to get the 3rd out & save Garrett. But, he needed a reason to get Winker out of the lineup, I guess. We’ve seen the BP blow plenty enough games so far this season to know better than to trust a 2 run lead late in the game & remove the hottest hitter so he’s unavailable for extra innings. Moves like that continuously hurt the team but Bell learns nothing from his mistakes & is compelled to tinker his way right out of win after win. He has no feel for the game IMO.
    He made a move just for the sake of doing something. No reason to not let Sims finish. It wasn’t Barry freaking Bonds coming to the plate.

9. Likes:

MrRedSkull (08-20-2020)

This is going to sound really hard to believe, but Iglesias hadnt walked one batter to this point this year.

He comes in walks 2 and a HBP and throws in a balk.

The guy is talented but man something doesnt seem right between the ears.

You could see him unraveling in real time.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

11. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (08-21-2020),Coopdaddy67 (08-20-2020),NC Reds (08-21-2020),ochoa30 (08-20-2020),REDREAD (08-21-2020),Ron Madden (08-21-2020),The Operator (08-20-2020),Tom Servo (08-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds added talent this off-season but not enough.

Still major holes.

Perhaps too much emphasis on offense this winter, but it was needed.
    Not a knock on Votto but at his age and performance if he’s batting above 6th in the order you’ve got problems. We just have too many players that don’t show up every year, no accountability, no player development, poor draft picks, just a total disaster.
    They need to keep improving. They aren’t too good right now.

Frustrating to watch, they lose every year.

Anyone still defending Bell at this point has zero understanding of baseball.

14. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (08-21-2020),JFLegal (08-20-2020),MrRedSkull (08-20-2020),TheBigLebowski (08-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He did that like 10 times last year too.

I'm just completely over the guy, have been ever since he started complaining about "how he was being used" last year. He can be "on" at times but from about the end of 2018 he's been an ERA-notably-over 4.00 guy with a major HR problem. I'd deal him for a big league ready live arm and not really think twice about it, I don't see the glory days ever coming back with him in Cincy.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no qualms about a change of scenery for everyone on this one. I'm just saying, maybe take him out of high leverage situations. There are plenty of worse relievers on the team (We have an ERA of 6! out of the pen!)

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-20-2020)

Why take out iglesias there? Weak contact and a K. And he’s your closer. What is Jones gonna do that is better?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    How about walk the bases loaded then throw low pitches to the batter to try to get a dp?
    You're not going to play DP depth for that situation and I have zero faith the bullpen wouldn't walk the winning run in.

19. Likes:

mhs95_06 (08-20-2020)

I don't know. I'm mad. But maybe its me. I just had high expectations and perhaps that's my fault. Maybe they just aren't as good as I thought. Or maybe the micromanager is the absolute worst thing that could have happened to this collection of decent players.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    At this point there's no reason Aquino shouldn't be on this team. When you look at the production we get from our bench guys you can throw splits out the window. I don't know if he'll be a good player but I know he deserves a chance when some of the guys on this roster are doing nothing to help us win.

No accountability in this organization.

Was fine with all the infielders and bringing in a ground ball pitcher, but how you don't make the potential out at home a force out is inexcusable. I realize that could bring Goldschmidt to the plate, but if you get to him it's with 2 outs and you have a great chance for extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Why take out iglesias there? Weak contact and a K. And he’s your closer. What is Jones gonna do that is better?
    I mean, he also just balked a guy. I think he was mentally done despite getting the K in that at bat.

No problem removing him, but the game was basically over at that point anyways. I would have walked Wong and took my chances with them loaded.

24. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-20-2020)

I mean if the Cubs can pull Craig Kimbrel as your closer who has 10x the accomplishments then WTH can't you pull Raisel? Heck even Aroldis has been pulled a couple of years ago from what i remember.

26. Likes:

adkindo (08-21-2020),Ironman92 (08-21-2020),REDREAD (08-21-2020)

Turn Off Ads?