Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ St. Louis 8-21-20

Re: Reds @ St. Louis 8-21-20

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    The co-announcer on FS Ohio said it during one of it's anecdotes..I was asking because over here it's considered a deeply offensive word relating to down syndrome, so just wondered if the meaning is the same but not considered offensive over there..
    No, it must be one of those words that is a slang term on both sides of the Atlantic, but has very different meanings.

Much like the word, "pecker". When I was in college, I met a girl from Nottingham, and we became friends. (I sort of had a crush on her.) One day, I was having a bad day, and she told me, "Keep your pecker up!" I was very confused. I asked her again what she said, and she told me. I asked what she meant by that, and she said that "pecker" means "chin" in British slang -- "Keep your pecker up" means "Keep your chin up!" I told her that now I understood, and that "pecker" is also an American slang term -- only it doesn't mean "chin", but is an older slang term for "penis"! She was extremely embarrassed!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

EnglishRed (08-21-2020),JFLegal (08-21-2020),RedForLife (08-21-2020),REDREAD (08-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

thankfully, only one run scored.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

wolfboy (08-21-2020)

Nice job by Lorenzen

some didn't want to admit it, but once the reds started this season 10-12 against mostly bad teams, this season was toast. need to take advantage of the easiest schedule in MLB. instead, the reds had a losing record during that 22-game span. can't do that in a 60-game season when every game counts 2.7x as much as a usual MLB game.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (08-21-2020)

Once he stopped over throwing he was fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Cardinals lead the league in really fast 5’11 white guys
    There’s a lab in Chesterfield where they create them in the basement.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Notice that when Cards get a man on third, one out, they put the ball in play.

12. Likes:

mhs95_06 (08-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    No, it must be one of those words that is a slang term on both sides of the Atlantic, but has very different meanings.

Much like the word, "pecker". When I was in college, I met a girl from Nottingham, and we became friends. (I sort of had a crush on her.) One day, I was having a bad day, and she told me, "Keep your pecker up!" I was very confused. I asked her again what she said, and she told me. I asked what she meant by that, and she said that "pecker" means "chin" in British slang -- "Keep your pecker up" means "Keep your chin up!" I told her that now I understood, and that "pecker" is also an American slang term -- only it doesn't mean "chin", but is an older slang term for "penis"! She was extremely embarrassed!
    Lol.....and this game is balls

Why would you want him to pitch?
    Right now given JVM's form i'm wondering why he isn't hitting...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post

klu was like, ok, i'll keep it up. you coming over? lol!

Runs coming...enjoy

just what we need. this ump calling the pitch on the 1-1 count a strike, when it was clearly a ball. then on 1-2 count. castellanos grounds out. there's a big difference between a 1-2 count and a 2-1 count.

my god we need robots calling balls/strikes and not these idiots.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Closing in on 12 consecutive scoreless innings.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Runs coming...enjoy
    Wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Wanna bet?
    i think he means more for the cardinals.

Turn Off Ads?