Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ St. Louis 8-21-20

Re: Reds @ St. Louis 8-21-20

I'm still holding out hope. I drank the Kool-Aide again this past winter. A whole gallon of it. But yea, it's hard to stay positive. Especially after last night.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (08-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    that's the thing ... in addition to underachieving, they're not even a fun team to watch. they are all or nothing on offense. and have two elite starting pitchers (maybe 3 if castillo comes around). and that's it. i was a fool for thinking this team would be good.
    Trying so hard to be positive, but 1-0 down feels like a mountain to climb. Pitchers are consistently giving the hitters platforms they don't take advantage of....They're making Hudson look like a Cy Young contender.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    Erm...can you say 'spazzing out' in the US? If a UK commentator said that he'd be following Thom!!
    not sure I follow?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Why in the world are they taking him out?

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Cards are like, eff it, these people are a joke. We can take out our starter who's dominating and still be OK.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Hudson coming into the game ...lefties were 2/15....righties 7/17

Anyone look at things like that?

Sweet Lou is great
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

10. Likes:

REDREAD (08-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    not sure I follow?
    The co-announcer on FS Ohio said it during one of it's anecdotes..I was asking because over here it's considered a deeply offensive word relating to down syndrome, so just wondered if the meaning is the same but not considered offensive over there..

Joey going to be lucky to hit over .250 this year
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Why in the world are they taking him out?
    I assume because he's only pitched twice this year, three weeks apart.

14. Likes:

HammerTime (08-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Hudson hasn't made it past the 4th inning in either of his two starts this year.

This means he'll pitch a complete game tonight.
    Looking pretty good

Cardinals showing us mercy
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I swear our whole team goes up there assuming every pitch is a fastball. A curveball in the dirt you swing at because it would be in the zone in the fastball.

We take curveballs at the top of the plate because if it were a fastball it would be a ball.

Literally every at bat it felt like against this 12-6 curveball Hudson throws we had no idea how or when he would use it, despite it being his main pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

17. Likes:

REDREAD (08-21-2020),Tom Servo (08-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    The co-announcer on FS Ohio said it during one of it's anecdotes..I was asking because over here it's considered a deeply offensive word relating to down syndrome, so just wondered if the meaning is the same but not considered offensive over there..
    not to that level that I am aware of.....I could see maybe to some degree related to seizures which cause someone to exhibit spasm's....but 100 other things do also like stubbing your toe on the bed post. Spaz comes from Spastic as far as I know....and just represents clumsy or irregular movements by a body.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

19. Likes:

EnglishRed (08-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    If the idea is to play JVM to get him going. What does "get him going" mean exactly? What do the think he's capable of doing once he gets going?

And is it worth it to keep putting him out there to get to that place?

I thought getting a player going no matter how bad they are hitting or pitching was strictly Dusty Baker old school philosophy

21. Likes:

Ironman92 (08-21-2020)

if I was Elon Musk....I would just buy all the seats behind home plate at a bunch of stadiums....put pictures of me up there....maybe some images of Teslas's, etc....
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?