Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Reds @ St. Louis 8-23-20

Re: Reds @ St. Louis 8-23-20

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Also, the Brewers got swept by the Pirates, so there's that.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-23-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Is your grandfather the part owner of Reds Zone?
    Are you getting paid by the post?
    Between you and the other posting walking heart attack....how many times can you post the same rants about how you can believe how bad this Team really sucks and how they sucked you in to believing. It’s a 60 game season.
    It’s not really worth investing in a season like this when it’s basically only a 2 month season.

Go see who was in 1st place after 1 month of every season for the last 10 years of every division. See how that turned out at the end. Then see how this whole thing is not really worth taking seriously.
    To be honest
    If we still had the SunDeck most of these guys would never have made it to the ORG.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-23-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post
    Only one swing of Davidson's bat prevented a 4 game sweep. 🙁
    True, but without one Iglesias meltdown, they would have split the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    I would take any way they could get it. One asterisk or 10, I wouldn't care.
    Different strokes, I guess. But I can already tell that this World Series will leave an empty feeling at the end. It's going to be more like buying a winning scratch-off lottery ticket at the Circle K.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

7. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (08-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    To be honest
    If we still had the SunDeck most of these guys would never have made it to the ORG.
    If the 1973 season had been 60 games I think the Reds finish 4th in the NL West. The 1974 Orioles finish 4th-5th in the AL East. 1992 Braves were under .500 after 60 games. There is no context in regards to how teams that are slow starting with new additions to their roster don’t just work well in limited situations.

I would still not want Bell as the manager as he has no feel or player motivation skills but the FO hacks who want push button managers have themselves to blame.

This organization does better by bringing in outsiders. Sparky was an outsider. McNamara May have been average to most but he was still a good enough manager to compete and win divisions. An outsider.

Lou and Davey and Dusty were too. Complete outsiders. The only one that did not work was Bob Boone.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (08-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    If the 1973 season had been 60 games I think the Reds finish 4th in the NL West. The 1974 Orioles finish 4th-5th in the AL East. 1992 Braves were under .500 after 60 games. There is no context in regards to how teams that are slow starting with new additions to their roster don’t just work well in limited situations.

I would still not want Bell as the manager as he has no feel or player motivation skills but the FO hacks who want push button managers have themselves to blame.

This organization does better by bringing in outsiders. Sparky was an outsider. McNamara May have been average to most but he was still a good enough manager to compete and win divisions. An outsider.

Lou and Davey and Dusty were too. Complete outsiders. The only one that did not work was Bob Boone.
    Vern Rapp
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

11. Likes:

mth123 (08-24-2020),Revering4Blue (08-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Vern Rapp
    Well I’m gonna have to go Cliff Claven on you. Vern was in the Reds org in the 70s and was a Dick Wagner type of guy and brought up on Bob Howsman. The Cardinals hired him from the Reds minor leagues to bring some of that Reds late 60s early 70s Reds way to STL. Irony.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-24-2020)

Turn Off Ads?