Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 8-24-20

Re: Reds @ Brewers 8-24-20

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    It's gonna be fun watching the Reds reel off 11 straight runs here.
    I am not sure the Reds will score 11 runs this week

2. Likes:

Jomama (08-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think Bell put everyone on a vegetarian diet...or maybe having everyone fast?
    I think he’s having most everyone slow.

This team grounds out into shifts more than any team that I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Brewers 2-6 at home so you’d figure they will win some at home soon.

Would like to see Reds take this series but won’t happen the way they are playing.
    I thought the Reds would have a good chance of taking 3 of 4, with Bauer, Castillo and Gray scheduled.
    Sigh, hopefully we can at least split and tread water.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Is there a stat for the team with the most weakly hit ground ball outs? If there is I'm sure we are leading the league in that category.

8. Likes:

Monster Man (08-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Cursh14 View Post
    I get that he is having a bad year. Calling him a black hole and saying he shouldn't even play is just frustrating. I know much of my annoyance is watching Votto in decline. I know I am likely being hypersensitive here. I just don't get how hard people go after Votto. Suarez is in his prime in theory, doesn't have the issue with XBA vs BA due to shifting, etc and he is called out much less frequently. It's a minor issue overall. I don't disagree that there are real questions with his performance. I am not sure there is a clear alternative answer.

TL;DR: I get it. I just want Votto to be great again, and constantly hearing people crap on one of the greatest hitters of this generation just drives me a little crazy despite his obvious issues this past season and a half.
    Man, I want Votto to be good again too but I don’t think it’s gonna happen. His decline didn’t happen overnight. The last two seasons (2018 & 2019) he only hit around.270 & had 27 HR & 114 RBI COMBINED. He wasn’t even getting more 2Bs to offset the lack of power & run production. He’s been a great Red but personally I don’t think he’s done enough to be in Cooperstown & think he’s been slightly overrated. He shouldn’t go in if Dale Murphy’s career wasn’t good enough. But, Votto can still contribute. He just has no business hitting at the top of the order right now. Nothing wrong with moving him to 7th til (if) he starts seeing the ball better. I’ve always liked him & don’t enjoy criticizing him. It’s just reality. And, I’d love nothing more than for him to make me look like an idiot & bounce back. But, in a 60 game season managed by David Bell they just can’t afford to leave him at the top of the order & wait to see if he gets hot.

10. Likes:

Jomama (08-24-2020)

put a manager in that dugout tomorrow that demands effort and holds players accountable.....this team finishes over .500......if we keep Bell and his guys in the dugout, we will continue to get explanations like "baseball is hard" and not sniff the postseason...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

12. Likes:

Bunting Bad (08-24-2020),Monster Man (08-24-2020),MrRedSkull (08-24-2020),RedForLife (08-24-2020),REDREAD (08-24-2020)

I just can’t believe how bad this offense is. JV, ES, and MM have been bad. I thought NS would have improved this year but he can’t stay on the field. The other reserve outfielders have been awful and throw in TB and it’s a mess. The only 2 that have performed are NC and NW and both of them have been inconsistent. I keep thinking it will get better but at some point these losses are going to be impossible to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I thought the Reds would have a good chance of taking 3 of 4, with Bauer, Castillo and Gray scheduled.
    Sigh, hopefully we can at least split and tread water.
    Treading water is only a good strategy when you are above water.

15. Likes:

Bunting Bad (08-24-2020),Cursh14 (08-24-2020),Jomama (08-24-2020),lnn6574 (08-24-2020),mth123 (08-24-2020)

put a manager in that dugout tomorrow that demands effort and holds players accountable.....this team finishes over .500......if we keep Bell and his guys in the dugout, we will continue to get explanations like "baseball is hard" and not sniff the postseason...
    Yeah hiring a manager who tells them to quit hitting into double plays
    Crazy Reds Fan

17. Likes:

Kc61 (08-24-2020)

Which guys are not giving effort?

I look forward to comments after they game about how they keep having to do what they've been doing and the results will somehow be different some day.

20. Likes:

Bunting Bad (08-24-2020),Crumbley (08-25-2020),Jomama (08-24-2020),Monster Man (08-24-2020)

Ok...enjoy the upcoming runs, he we come!

Red's win expectancy, down 4-0 at the start of the 6th: 6.49%
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Treading water is only a good strategy when you are above water.
    yea, I know, I just want to keep up the illusion that we still have a chance.
    We needed to take 3 of 4 against the Brewers, it's not going to get any easier until we hit the Pirates.

Turn Off Ads?